• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Introduction and some questions

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual

Hi all, just bought an '88 Bronco II Eddie Bauer to replace my '94 Ranger. I hate to see the Ranger go, it's been a great truck the past 10 years, but I've got a couple 7 month olds now and need something with a back seat and the mileage is really getting up there so it's just time for a change. Plus I had an '88 Ranger 4x4 way back in highschool so it's a bit of nostalgia too. Back to the Bronco II, mechanically it's in great shape but it's got some body issues that I'd like to get fixed before jumping ship. So questions as follows:

- What's the best source for new fenders? Front bumper?
- Does anyone offer the stock Eddie Bauer pinstripe/sticker kit? Ford?
- OEM spare tire cover?
- The truck also came with two truckloads of spare parts (mostly new in bags/boxes) that I'll need to inventory and decide what to keep/sell. A PO worked at a Ford Dealership and I suspect cleaned them out when they decided to liquidate their old inventory. Is there a way to see Ford part number lists, possibly with prices?

Happy to have found this site, and hopefully someone can assist,

Josh

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
- What's the best source for new fenders? Front bumper?
You can order a front bumper and fender from lmc truck, the fender will come in black and you will have to get it painted

- Does anyone offer the stock Eddie Bauer pinstripe/sticker kit? Ford?
That might be a hard piece to find, might try ebay

- OEM spare tire cover?
Are you looking for one with the bronco ii writing and horse or just a normal tire cover? The ones with the writing are somewhat hard to come by, check the junkyard or maybe a member on here. Sometimes they can be found on ebay.

- The truck also came with two truckloads of spare parts (mostly new in bags/boxes) that I'll need to inventory and decide what to keep/sell. A PO worked at a Ford Dealership and I suspect cleaned them out when they decided to liquidate their old inventory. Is there a way to see Ford part number lists, possibly with prices?

You can go to http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx, enter the part number and it should tell you, but it doesn't always give you the direct name of the part.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Wow that was fast!

Just went to LMC and ordered a catalogue. The Ford Parts website seemed limited on what they have, unless that's all the parts available. Hope that's not the case. Thanks Twister.

Last edited:

jhammel85

That's a really good looking truck!

Welcome! I hope the truck serves you as well as your 94.

lchappyjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thats how my 87' looked last year, till I started something I have no time to finish. still picking away though. Good choice!

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I have a "Bronco II" spare cover that I'd part with.

It's not NIB or in Mint condition or anything, but it's in decent shape.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Adsm08, not sure yet how to PM on this forum but I'm interested. Could you send a quick picture and what you'd need for it when you get a minute?

Thank you guys for those words of encouragement! lchappyjr, great looking off-roader there, definately not stock anymore is it.

Josh

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I'm gathering that stock pinstripe kits nowadays are NLA. Do I have any options? I've read some graphics shops can make custom automotive pinstriping. I'm fluent in CAD and imaging programs so I'm sure I could duplicate a stock pattern if there's a company out there that could print it. Does such a company exist?

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It would seem if you could draft it up, and send the plans to a company, they should be able to make what you need. Check into companies that make custom window stickers?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I know it might cost a bit more, but for my two cents, I'd rather have the graphics painted on the body instead of decals.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Well I drove the new truck about 350 miles today as sort of a test and it went flawlessly. I couldn't be happier! Also visited the painter today (an old friend of the family) and got everything in order for painting in a month or so. Will have to do some digging as far as the pinstriping, I hadn't thought to have it painted on but from what I heard today it does seem to be an option. A bit more time consuming and difficult than stickers but definately possible if it comes to that.

Josh

84bluebronco2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just gotta say, you found yourself a mighty fine bronco there sir! Entirely Jealous.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I finally finished inventorying the spare parts that came along with the truck but am having trouble putting a value to some of the items. It's partly just so I know what I have but mainly to know what to ask for them as I work to sell off what I don't need. For value, what's a good percentage to use compared to if the part was new? Yeah, it's not that simple, just looking for a ballpark figure though. 50%? 25%? I have wheels, virtually all electrical, glass, interior parts, emblems, etc. If you're wondering what kind of person makes an inventory of their parts, yeah, I'm a dork. But admitting it's the first step right? Just what to know what I have when I need it.

Thanks

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I finally finished inventorying the spare parts that came along with the truck but am having trouble putting a value to some of the items. It's partly just so I know what I have but mainly to know what to ask for them as I work to sell off what I don't need. For value, what's a good percentage to use compared to if the part was new? Yeah, it's not that simple, just looking for a ballpark figure though. 50%? 25%? I have wheels, virtually all electrical, glass, interior parts, emblems, etc. If you're wondering what kind of person makes an inventory of their parts, yeah, I'm a dork. But admitting it's the first step right? Just what to know what I have when I need it.

Thanks
well it all depends on condition.

88B2EB

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Everything's in good condition, both mechanically and aesthetically. Otherwise what's the point of keeping and inventorying it right?:)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals