• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Internet issues

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
Here's the deal.

IE wont connect to the web, same goes for Chrome. Firefox is working just fine. Windows Media player wont stream meida from the web, but I can download stuff then watch it. I cant seem to upload pic's to Photobucket, image shack, or Ebay. But I can still upload pics to Facebook.

I tried turning off my firewall to see if that was blocking things, but nope.

So what should I do next?:dunno:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Is your ISP wireless? If so, apparently IE doesn't work so well with some of the wifi connections for some reason...you should be able to get another media player...one that works with FF...but someone else would have to suggest that since I'm not up on that right now...

reinaldo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I think the problem is your modem because you can't get any good connection. If it's wireless connection, then you should upgrade your wireless LAN. Turning off firewall is really a good idea together with the automatic updates to have good connection but it's risky. You should also download Microsoft Security Essential to protect your computer once you turned off firewall and updates. Don't worry, it's free.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Next thing I'd try is to reload the WLAN driver for your computer.

Frankly I don't object to the function of the latest firefox, but I think they are a far slimier bunch of knob gobblers than the people at MS.

Why? because downloading Firefox on a system that already has IE has some strange and intensely aggrevating consequences...

Like leaving the IE icon on the desktop but when you click on it it opens FIREFOX!

to say that it infuriated me is something of an understatement.

That made me systematically delete firefox from every system I've touched in the past several months...

They managed to piss me off.

AD

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Allan, if the IE icon on your desktop is opening Firefox, then it's been edited by something 3rd party. That is not normal behavior at all.

OP, all the applications you listed as not working refer to the built in Internet settings found under Control Panel. Firefox uses its own internal connection profile. I'd be looking very hard at what you find in the internet settings under control panel (also accessible under Tools/Internet Options, Connection tab in IE). Is 'automatically detect settings' enabled? If so, try turning that back off. Is this from home or on a work network?

HareRazor

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If firefox is working and IE and chrome isn't I would open up IE and click Tools > Internet Options. Select the Connections tab at the top and the lan settings button in the lower right hand corner of the box. Make sure there is no check mark in use a proxy server or Use automatic configuration script. Firefox has a setting for no proxy built into it as well as an option to use the system proxy settings(whats ever setup in internet options) and I am assuming Firefox is set to no proxy and that is why firefox is still working.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
If firefox is working and IE and chrome isn't I would open up IE and click Tools > Internet Options. Select the Connections tab at the top and the lan settings button in the lower right hand corner of the box. Make sure there is no check mark in use a proxy server or Use automatic configuration script. Firefox has a setting for no proxy built into it as well as an option to use the system proxy settings(whats ever setup in internet options) and I am assuming Firefox is set to no proxy.
Deja Vu!

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
Yep I was a day late....
You were less than an hour late, actually. Good info either way - we're definitely on the same page on this.

loren1johnston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Transmission
Automatic
Don't worry! Just contact to the call center and tell them this problem.
There is a problem in your net connector. I was facing the same and it was solved by the company within 24 hours.

Black2000Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I'd go with the proxy thing as well. Sometimes adware does that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals