• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

internet explorer?

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
I keep getting on internet explorer and it keeps telling me that my add-ons are disabled. but they are all enabled? what is the deal?

madhouze803

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
IE is problem filled.....get rid of it........use google chrome or firefox

i cant tell you how many times I've gotten questions about IE, related to websites not loading or working correctly to preformance issues.
Just download google chrome or mozilla fire fox and you will never have an issue again.

gungfudan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
N/A
k i usually use firefox. Thanks

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
IE is "problem filled" when you have firefox installed as the default browser.

IF you don't install firefox at all IE is usually stable.

Installing Firefox and DEselecting Firefox from being your default browser is like voting
for Romney on a voting machine in philly, it assumes you pushed the wrong button and votes for the other choice.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
How to I change from internet explorer 9 to internet explorer 8?
That's easy, but it will cost you. Just call Microsoft support and tell them what you want to do. They will charge you $100 and subtract one from IE 9 leaving IE 8 in place. I could do it for you for $50 if you like, but I may only be able to go back as far as IE 8.2 due to a restriction on my IE Subtract Software limitation...

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
The only thing wrong with IE9 is that the favorites bar is turned off by default.
You can fix that by simply right clicking in the top margin and checking "favorites bar"
in the drop down menu.

and while firefox works fine if it's not the default browser IE often doesn't.

So if you want IE to work, ANY IE set it as default.

As for FF, which version, they seem to have had a new version monthly
for the past year, and most of them don't work right.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Chrome.
Use it.

anatolamike

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Internet Explorer is the world's most popular Web browser. Security, ease of use, and improvements in RSS, CSS, and Ajax support are Microsoft's priorities for Internet Explorer.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Wait until the complaints start with IE10 which was released for Windows7 last week...

I've been using it and will admit it has a few "bugs" but nothing so far that makes me want to switch back to IE9, because the benefit outweighs the problem.

The problem? Several times a day the "Back button" doesn't work
(but I know how to left click the back arrow)

I've had it freeze on a couple of websites.

Why I keep it? it is noticeably faster than IE9.

IE9 was my one act as an "Early adopter" and I didn't like it for the first 4-5 days, but after I tried using IE8 on a computer that was not upgraded I realized I preferred IE9 to IE8

I don't like how Chrome handles bookmarks

I don't like how long I wait for Firefox to load, OR the way IT decides to
update itself to a new version that doesn't work as well as the version it already had.

Typically IE in various versions is the preferred browser of around
half of all PC users.

Chrome is second and FF is third

a Browser is FREE so I fail to understand why anyone has any serious feelings
about what OTHERS prefer to use.

I like IE, it has the least compatibility issues (FACT) yet people have called
me names for not using their favorite browser.

I say use whatever you damned well please, but don't try to pimp for
Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera.

As many times a week that I have to uncheck default-checked-boxes
that are trying to both get me to download & install chrome than make
it my default browser, I'm sure they don't need your help.

IF someone asks an IE question answer the question,
don't try to talk them into something else.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
IE effing sucks.... Can't believe people actually use it, and prefer it.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
IE effing sucks.... Can't believe people actually use it, and prefer it.
Not that I actually expect an explanation because many people have told me
they think IE sucks, but none of them have ever been able to explain or demonstrate why.

Most can't tell me which version of IE that they used that "Sucks"

OR what the differences are between various versions...

Or demonstrate how "whatever else" they believe is superior is better.

When I say something Sucks I can explain in infinite, minute detail exactly HOW it sucks and I can SHOW you the issues.

But just for jollies, how about you explain WHY IE "Sucks"?

Give it your best shot...

AD

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I used IE for the longest time, but there was a point a number of years ago that an update didn't play nice with my computer at the time. I started trying other browsers at that point and haven't really looked back to be honest. That said, AllanD has a good point.

I liked FF, but the constant updates drive me up the wall sometimes, I still use it from time to time but it's not my default.

I'm still a little skeptical of Chrome. A browser built by a search engine company? I've tried it, and it has some good points. I don't wear a foil hat, but the possibilities of using it for tracking people seem likely.

I like a lot of the features of Opera and it's what I use most of the time. But really there are some things I like better about other browsers (IE included). Pity nobody has found a way to combine the best features of all of them yet....

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I found the biggest thing that sucks with any browser is when you add on anything...for instance...tool bars from various and assorted providers like Yahoo...I don't like them myself, but have lost count of the number of people that call me or ask me to have a look at their computer because it is running slow...the minute I open their desktop and see about 100 icons on the desktop from these various and assorted providers I think to myself "I could probably make $100 from this if I really wanted too..."

Anyway...I gave up on IE when it couldn't find my internet connection but FF found it right away...but that was IE 5 or 6 something...I still use IE 8 once in a while, but I really don't like the interface...GUI...I like FF better but like lil_blue I am really getting tired of all the updates...and the fact that my firewall and AV don't seem to think it is a valid browser...lol

Chrome sort of reminded me of my first DOS experience...it was dark and I was alone and...or was that my first sexual experience? Anyway, took me a while to adapt to the Chrome interface but I don't use it much any more...sort of like sex...:)

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I used IE for the longest time, but there was a point a number of years ago that an update didn't play nice with my computer at the time. I started trying other browsers at that point and haven't really looked back to be honest. That said, AllanD has a good point.

I liked FF, but the constant updates drive me up the wall sometimes, I still use it from time to time but it's not my default.

I'm still a little skeptical of Chrome. A browser built by a search engine company? I've tried it, and it has some good points. I don't wear a foil hat, but the possibilities of using it for tracking people seem likely.

I like a lot of the features of Opera and it's what I use most of the time. But really there are some things I like better about other browsers (IE included). Pity nobody has found a way to combine the best features of all of them yet....
If I find Opera on a computer that is brought to me for repair I simply remove it.

Firefox I ignore once I DE-select it as default browser, because trying to install updates with firefox is simply a PITA.

AD

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
opera has come a long way for sure, and follow the standards. FF is good about following them, too. There's nothing wrong with these browsers.

Just had to upgrade a TinyMCE installation in a CMS once the IE 10 bomb dropped lol It had worked in 7 & up, Chrome, FireFox, Opera, Safari and I even tried it in IE 6 on a old server still running 2000 server, worked fine. I didn't bother to find the actual problem since the JS was minimized, but I suspect I have more coming my way soon. That's my beef with IE. They've always follow the beat of their own drum and make cross browser development that's consistent a real head ache. Then they upgrade and stuff that has worked for years is now suddenly broken (reminds me of Win8). IE makes me face palm, but it's a transparent problem to people that don't have to deal that aspect.

Don't get me started on debugging in IE either, that's just as big of headache. I got tasked one time of finding out why some third party CSS3 emulation scripts were causing IE 9 to completely bomb out. It was something stupid in the style sheet to boot. I will test and support IE, but it's not the browser I use.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals