• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

intermittent no crank no start 03 3L Ranger

03 RangerJoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys, I'm new here and I have a problem that I've actually seen other people post but I've never really seen an answer for it. I'm the original owner of an 03 3L Ranger automatic. I just recently hit a hundred forty thousand miles but at around a hundred thirty thousand miles there were times I'd turn the ignition after running the truck for awhile and it would not start and I would sit there turning the key jostling the shift lever thinking that it was the neutral safety switch. I replace that and that seemed to help for a little while but it's doing it again and it seems like it's doing it more often where I turn the key and nothing? The dashboard lights come on all the accessories come on but the starter won't crank the engine? some people have replace the ignition switch and said that it helped others said no difference evev replacing their starters and nothing still? What I did see was someone post about the linkage from the key to the ignition switch that it gets sloppy and it doesn't engage the ignition switch all the way all the time? Does that sound right to any of you guys, have you guys run into this problem and solved it? I don't want to get rid of the truck it runs like a champ, still plenty of power and I'm still in love with it. LOL