• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Interior light not going off

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Found another "little" annoying thing with my 08'.:sad: If you read my review thread I have had alot of tiny things that I have discovered over the course of 7 months. Nothng major mind you, but enough to make me revaluate the validity of the Rangers reliability reputation.

The other night when getting out of my Ranger after I closed and locked it I noticed the interior light wouldnt go off. This isnt the first time the interior light acted funny. (Once before it wouldnt actually go on for a few seconds which, I chalked up to extreme cold weather.)

I though maybe the door was ajar. It was not. I went back inside and checked the switch to make sure I didnt accidentally turn it on when I turned the headlights off. I shut the door again, locked it and the light remained on. I than went back inside, put the key in the ignition turned it back and forth and that did the trick. This may have happened once before when I returned to my car after work. The interior light may have been on before I unlocked it but I wasnt sure.

Anyways could this a sign of a bad ignition switch??? I have 8955mi. on this. I find it hard to believe that it could be going after such a short time. Im starting to think someone was sleeping while assembling my interior.:sad:

Last edited:

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008 & 2001
Make / Model
Ford & Dodge
Engine Size
2.3L & 5.9 24v Cummins
Transmission
Automatic
you should try the dimmer to your headlights when I turn mine as far as it can go (making gauges brighter) turns the cab light on?

Dar70

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah that works fine. The lights wouldnt go off when I locked the car. They are supposed to go off once the car is locked. I had to put my key in the ignition and turn it forward than back. Im wondering if my ignition switch is bad.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals