• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

intake gaskets

kevmurray

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so i have been under going intake gaskets its taking awhile because i live in mass where its nice a cold an my truck is in my driveway haha it sucks but i got the intake off an the valve covers its all cleaned up an now its time to put it back together an i know i need to put some rtv on the front an back of the block but who ever had the truck before me put rvt everywhere some now im not sure if it needs to be on the gaskets to im just lost lol:icon_welder:

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No, according to my Ford Service manual you only put a 6mm drop where the block meets the head. And on the valve covers where the head meets the intake. Any more and you are just asking for problems. That entire motor only calls for a drop of gasket sealer in like 6 or 8 spots.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94437

This is for the 4.0. do not know what engine you have, but I would assume that this would be similar for the 3.0 as well. Jason_J pretty much nailed it in his above post, you need it where the heads meet the intake and for the lower gaskets where the heads meet the block.

AJ

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals