• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Instrument Cluster swap

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I know this is an old thread ,but i;m doin the swap to 2 trucks and the place i got a really good deal on the parts is arguin they don;t swap accordin to Hollander,,lol... there was no mention of the mercury mountaineeer but I assume the 95-01 dashes will swap in as well although i noticed some of the printed circuits don't line up...I think this might be the troubles everyone has grumbled about and just switchin that circuit gasket would stop having to swap gauges.. I am in the south , so clean parts are everywhere, even folks viein online to get your ranger explorer business on evilbay and craigslist so shop around for prices. I also think tha it should NOT go by the year of the vehicle and should go by the actual part nummbers on the parts. I know F57F-10894-A stock no tack ranger dash housings etc, swap through 98 as I have the trucks here, clear F57F-10B885-A..circuit is F77F-10C956..I will report back as I got Yards to hit that are old school and allow me to pull and tniker to my heart content...and their wallet,lol HNY YA"LL!!!
Was that a pick n pay type place where you bought it, or do they pull the parts for you?
Do they have prominent signs to say no returns/refunds/guarantees? If not take your phone and do a 360 of the counter and take it to your local small claims and ask what they think about it.
I've never done this, but have heard people say they were told on the spot what their ruling would be

HAWGFORD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have both pull a part and reg yards,and one yard local that is seriously old school I used to work at and should give them my business but I am find decent online prices with warranties so... I will keep addin to this post as I have a 96 short auto and a 97 long stick I drive regular,the 96 is in unbelievable shape 2 0wners and 400,000 not a speck of rust and one repaint.I am currently tearing down a 98 2.5 auto flareside is really nice shape for a head gasket,then the owner has it up for sale. I am thinkin 4000 ballpark.I do alot of repair work and builds, mostly antique Ford trucks,its focused on funding a full engine build turbo for my 96.I am looking for a shop to do the build in Atlanta area... My forte though is old Harleys, and currently have a shovel FLH show rider, an orginal 7000 mile 76 XLH and a Harley hot rod,aka Buell M2 Cyclone available for when spring fever /tax return time hits. The BUELL is a murderous sexy gloss black.I can;t tell you what advantage this bike is for single guys,lol The 75 FLH is investmeant quality with the best of the best in parts and a NASCAR provenance. I know about eslinger and bopart,they seem to be focused on no turbo dirt track performance.I can travel for the right shop and am ready to move on this. I don;t have a spare 2.3 at this time and have also though about the swap to a late model ecoboost from a stang at 310 Hp they say.,I wouldbe tottaly happy with thatbut it might end out gettin nickle and dimed to death doin that install.Anybody want to send any info i am all ears at hawgford@windstream.net. thanks.I got alot of HD parts and friends nationwide..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals