• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

installing d44 and 9 in rear in a s10 blazer

kensdodge1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
have questions on radius arm mts and geometry

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Well.....that tells me about nothing and this is a ford ranger place, you might get better answers from an s-10 forum, not saying ppl here cant help you out.

Anything is possible.

pimtool

OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey mang,

Get that chevy crap outa here.

Show them a pic of your dodge then they will know your serious about building trucks.

kensdodge1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hasnt anyone installed a early bronco frt axle in these rangers/broncos thats the info i need or want whether or not its an s10 or a ranger or a dakota isnt what im after . lookin for angles and geometry is what im lookin for thanks . per tims request heres my other truck

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
That is a pretty sweet truck.

Granted, this is a ranger forum, but we have other models built on here. Take johnnyu's chevy for instance. We have a good off-road community here, and I'm sure somebody could give some useful advice.

But, without being an A$$, you actual might get the more specialized info you need on an S-10 forum or site. Yet ranger SLA is pretty close to chevy SLA, so a 98'+ SAS/build thread may yeild your answers.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Excuse my ignorance, but a d-44 is ttb, is it not? I would be interested in how to know where [and why, the theory] to build mounts for the ttb as well. How to set caster? Any problems to look for when incorporating rad mount into tranny crossmember? I'm planning on building extended rad arms for a d-35 in a '91 ranger for short course off road racing and any info, including someone installing into a chev [ cough cough hack] would be interesting to me. Here's a link with ttb going into a jeep, it's a long thread, but it's in there somewhere;
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=829346
Unfortunately he doesn't get into detail on the ttb setup [iirc] but it's a great read and I learned a fair amount.

Kensdodge1;
I'd be interested in how the rad in the back works for you. Would you do it again? Any tips or tricks you could pass on would be great.
Thanks,:beer:
Richard
PS. You should check into putting 44 knuckles onto 35 beams, from my research they are lighter and just as strong.

Last edited:

kensdodge1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
im using a solid dana 44 out of a 1977 bronco not a ttb 44 i figured id post it on the other than ranger axle and see if yall could help with coil springs ? radius arms angles ? and such since ill be usin mostly home built brackets and buckets .
as far as the rad in the back yes i would be happy to give ya any info youd like . i love it works great . i wouldnt recommend it for a daily driver obviously but for a dedicated trail rig yes .

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
New thread started in heating and air conditioning.
Thanks, Richard

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals