• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Installing a 2004 SOHC 4L MODBOX SC'd V6 into my 99 xcab 4x4 (currently have the OHV 4L v6)

Drw0392

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
as the title says I' swapping my OHV 4L for a modbox SC'd SOHC 4L, The donor engine has been completely rebuilt (all the way down to the bare block. The engine has been dynotuned, so I'm using the inlcuded ECM. I was told tat bc my truck is a 1999, the 2004 ECM won't work on my 1999 5r55e qutomatic tranny (something about an ISS and OSS sensor being added in 2000 or 2001. So I was told that I will need a new 5r55e from 2001 or newer. Is this true? I was also told that I will need the original instrument cluster from the 2004 donor Ranger. Does anyone know if this is true? Im trying to figure out what I am going to need to do to get this 2004 SC'd 4L working in my 1999.

I have the engine, wiring harness, ECM from the 2004 Ranger. A also have an SCT handeld tuner for the 2004 motor/rcm. Is there anything I will need to you cn think of tat ai beed, or need to do to ge this engine boosting under my hood?

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND ASSISTANCE!

I'm trying to figure out

rubydist

TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You will also need the key from the 2004, or get the pats reprogrammed, unless the tuner did a pats delete.

don4331

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did you get the PATS module from above the glove box. The GEM, the PATS and the key all work together.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals