• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Inside car care? The good and bad of products.

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Inside car care? The good and bad of products.

As the title suggests.
I’m wondering what people have heard to stay away from, what to use and what works the best.

-For me I have heard NOT to use Armor All products to clean the dashboard or anything of that material, after awhile it will dry out and start cracking.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have always used Armer-All in my vehicles, the only problem I had was when I had the bright idea to put it on my dirt bike seat. Aside from that, glass cleaner, and a Craftsmen Shop Vac there isn't much else I use inside.

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
armor all is too slick and oily for my taste. Any good water-based leather/interior dressing will do a great job. It also works great on engines too, just pressure wash the bay, spray on while its still wet and walk away dries to a good shine.... When I detailed for the stealership in HS we used EagleOne products, I liked them.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
i used armorall on my dash one time and it only took about 1 week to crack in about four places.i was pissed because it was perfect up till then.way worse than the mud i was cleaning up.

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I usually armorall the inside of my truck about once every 1-2 months and have never had a dash crack while I owned the vehicle.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My dad has used Armor-all in his '02 XL-7 since day one and I have used it in my truck for the 3 months I have driven it and it has never given either of us any problems. Just a suggestion though, don't put it on the steering wheel. It makes it feel all weird for a week or so. All slimmy and slick...

Other than that, just a shop vac to the floor and seats every couple of weeks and it's all good.

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
amorall for me but just not on the steering wheel, i usually use the yellow wipes (cleaning wipes) and just shine it with the original protectant. i also use the windex window wipes and sometimes the simoniz car wash interior wipes but i find that armorall just does the best job for cleaning and making it look new. Being a smoker too sucks because i have the smell of cigs constantly in the truck but i find the mini trees work the best too if you wanna mask any smell. My preference (and favorite) is coconut.

shortwave

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I use the foaming glass/surface cleaner. It works well clean the dirt out of the plastic grains. I don't like the oily shine and feel of armorall.

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
303 Protectant is probably the best product you can buy, but it will cost you and is kind of hard to find. REI stores carry it. You may have to order it online if you do not have an REI store nearby.

I have had surprisingly good luck with Wal-Mart knock offs of Armor-All wipes. I think they are called "Peak" brand or something like that. They are about $1.75 a pack and work great. Just use the cleaner, then the protectant, then wipe down the leftover residue. They do not leave a greasy feeling or anything. I have been using them for over a year in the Ranger with no problems.

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
I use a shop vac on my floor and seats, I have a vinyl floor so I use a wet rag to get it looking good. Then another wet rag on the dash, door panels etc. Then I use Armor all cut 50/50 w/ water (you dont get the greesey streak when you cut it with water), spray it on the dash then use a damp rag to wipe it up. I think it looks great and I always get complements on how clean i keep my interior. Oh and for an air freshener I use good old Febreeze and I normal put a dryer sheet in one of my air vents

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals