• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Inner tie rod information

gw33gp

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
33"
I am getting near doing an inner tie rod replacement. I understand a crowfoot wrench can be use to loosen and tighten the inner tie rod. Does anyone know what size the hex is on the inner tie rod? I have a set but may not have the right size.

I could order the a new inner tie rod and measure it but would prefer to know ahead of time if possible.

RockAuto has a Motorcraft kit which includes the boot and clamps. The price seems reasonable but my boot seems to be in good condition. Does this boot degrade with age? It is approaching 19 years old.

Jazzer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I don't know what size the nut is, but on my '07 it was not buried in the rack, and I used a pipe wrench to loosen them. And the boot is (likely) neoprene, does degrade, and should be replaced. Where the vent tube that runs from boot to boot enters each boot, it's good to use a small zip tie to hold it firmly.

-Jazzer

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals