• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Infamous mazda the $200 mazda build

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Starting a build thread. 1994 mazda B2300 4 cylinder, 5 speed. Been posting on here in the introduction thread. Will continue here.

Attachments

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
So quick little intro to bring everyone up to speed. I was watching mini trucker sunday (you tube phat phabz). Got some inspiration and decided I wanted to do a mini truck build. I wanted to stay low budget but build a cool bagged mini truck just like we did when I was high school age. I came across this mazda for 200. It needed some mechanical work and did not have a title. I have since gotten a title, had to replace fuel pump, coils, plugs, wires, fuel filter, got it back to running condition. Had to repair some wiring. c-notched the rear. Puts some 20" wheels on and and currently workin on the suspension, and bed floor. I am going as low budget as possible, using all metal I already have. Wheels I had already. Fabricating as much as possible. I will repost the picture I have already posted on the other thread. And post updates as I go.

Attachments

Gozi

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
P235/75R15
Really nice project. I have been working on mine since the first of this year and you have done more than I in a short amount of time.

Bird76Mojo

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Ho Lee Shite that c-notch is unsafe as hell. Regardless how it's keyed in to the frame, it still needs some fish plates over the miters, at the minimum..

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Lol. Don't assume. It isn't finished yet. Still have to box in the inside frame rail and cut diamonds to lay over the welds and weld in on the notch, and probably a bridge bar. I have to pull the fuel tank to finish the notch. No room to work around it.

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Built a tall shifter. Kinda rat rod style with a grenade on top. Bare metal clear coated. Installed it.....pretty nice I like it.

Attachments

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Gas tank is way too low. Gonna put a fuel fell in the back, gotta get tire rack out of the way, disconnect wiring harness, grind rivets, etc.

Attachments

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Got tire rack removed, kinda looking at how to mount fuel cell. Still have to remove drivers side shock mount. Take into account how i will mount air tank and compressor. It has about 3/4 inch gap on either side setting between frame rails. Like it was meant to be. Again it's just an old boat fuel cell I had sittin in the shop. Low budget!!!!

Attachments

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Finally finished all the mounting brackets for the fuel cell. Put some black paint on there. Nothing fancy

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Cut the fuel pump ring off old fuel tank and made clearance to mount it in fuel cell so I can use the factory pump (which is brand new) I prefer drilled holes, cut a piece of gasket material, got it to match. Spent a long time cleaning inside of fuel cell free of any dirt, shavings etc. Mounted it all and used rtv for some extra seal. Not pretty, but it will be under the bed floor anyway.

Attachments

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Fuel cell is wired and plumbed. Truck. Runs great on it. Fuel gauge even works fine in the fuel cell. Been finishing up some welding on the back. Fish plates on the notch and remove factory shock mounts. Decided to put the 20" wheels on my jeep and go back to the stock wheels. They were chrome and had some scratches and issues, so I went the black wheel route with some plastic dip. It will work for the time being. Got some chrome lug spikes just for shiggles! I will try and post more pics when I get time.

Attachments

Infamousmazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2300
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
Air ride
Also in the near future I have a cherry bomb exhaust I will be welding on and material to redo the trashed headliner. And I also had some buckets from an Infiniti g35 I'm going to install. Stock seats are rough and drivers side slides don't lock in.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Also in the near future I have a cherry bomb exhaust I will be welding on and material to redo the trashed headliner. And I also had some buckets from an Infiniti g35 I'm going to install. Stock seats are rough and drivers side slides don't lock in.
Post lots of pics of the seat swap? Looking to get away from Ford seats, and looking for options. Infinity usually uses some top notch sh*t. Someone keeps beating me to the G class Mercedes seats in the JY when I get there.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals