• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

**Indicator and Hazard Light Problem**

jules15

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ok, here goes. When I first got my ranger a few months ago, only the right turn signal, and right hazard (partly) worked. My right turn signal worked fine, but my right hazard only stayed on (didn't blink). So, just as a temporary fix, i hooked up a completely different flasher to run the indicator lights. I used an old 2-prong flasher and 2 toggle switches, splicing in to the indicator connectors by the headlights. That was working, but now I want it to be righteous. So, I've tried replacing the flasher unit and replaced the multi-function switch. But, still it didnt solve the problem. Now, just my right signal works, but it blinks super fast. My right hazard works, and it blinks normal. However, still no left blinky. Last week, i was checking the multi switch with a multimeter, and jumping pins in the multi-switch, and it sparked !! Now my wipers, and my washer fluid pump, and half of my indicators don't work. I already checked the fuses, but that didnt help. I dont know what the problem is. My truck is a 95 ranger xl 2.3 manual. My taillights have their own dedicated amber blinkers, if that helps.
:icon_confused:
wheww, sorry for the long post, i just want to be specific. Thanks very much in advance to all who read this and answer : )

BTW, my truck only uses 1 flasher for both the hazard (and) indicator lights. Its the blue/yellow electronic blinker located under the steering wheel.
BTW (2) Ive seen other threads on this web site about failed signal/hazard lights, but i think my situation is unique.

***FIXED**** wheww, that was a pain in the ass. I had to run a new wire from the multi-switch and splice it to the blinker connector, because somewhere along the way it was cut. However, my wipers still don't work. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer : D

Last edited:

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like you toasted the whole arm with the wipers and everything on it.

Grab a shop manual on the truck and take a look at possible problem areas.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals