• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

In need of a Vacuum Line Diagram for 2010 2.3

Arolsma

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Air is only blowing out of my defrost vents, and I understand that this is most likely a vacuum line issue. Does anyone have a vacuum line diagram applicable to a 2010 2.3 automatic Ranger that they could post? Then I can start diagnosing my specific issue. Thanks

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I can't find a vacuum diagram for your truck, but you may not need it. Basically you have all these complex controls under the dash that use vacuum, and there is one main vacuum line that comes from under the hood through the firewall to supply that system. Sounds like that line is not doing it's job. I would look the truck over, usually on the older trucks this vacuum line went through the firewall over on the pass side. And they would have had a vacuum reservoir somewhere near there also to store vacuum. I would try to find these components, and see if you have vacuum on them when the engine is running.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
I did find a procedure to remove the vacuum reservoir. If any of this is not working or any line is not hooked up, it will cause your problem.

Vacuum Reservoir

Removal and Installation

• Remove the nuts and the vacuum reservoir tank and bracket.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
The plastic line from the intake manifold to the reservoir or the line from reservoir to the dash is most likely the culprit. They get brittle and crack, as does the reservoir itself and the tiny check valve. Thats all there is under the hood, there's a mess of lines in the dash but they very rarely fail. Its almost always the line under the hood....

I do have the diagram though in my factory shop manual and ill scan a few pics when I get home.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals