• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Image of my Ranger Old Green

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
3.0l Vulcan v6 with low miles...
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
That one guy with ADHD and doesn't stop talking about cars.
This my ranger, didn't realize it's harder to up load images here....but yeah this truck could tell some stories....been to a few many camp sites when I was younger...found memories....mostly just new to uploading here mostly used site to get tech tips...
20190722_220152.jpg

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Nice truck, i dig the color. In the future get it a solid lift (and maybe a facelift, maybe) and that's all it needs in my opinion.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Nice truck, i dig the color. In the future get it a solid lift (and maybe a facelift, maybe) and that's all it needs in my opinion.
why would he lift a 2wd with stock tires and suspension???

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
I'm aware of the gators....may have swam with a few 4 footers a time or two...but in general I plan on lowering it about a inch or two and putting a lsd in it.....and hop up the engine a little...only got like 96 or 92 thousand miles on it.....?

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
Also I really like your truck and the way its coming out...my original head unit with tape deck I still used often crapped out on me yesterday so I bought a brand new older kenwood off of Ebay with a tape deck...

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
Also I really like your truck and the way its coming out...my original head unit with tape deck I still used often crapped out on me yesterday so I bought a brand new older kenwood off of Ebay with a tape deck...
Thanks man! I've been turning it into a stock off-road truck from the early years. Still hunting down an oem roll bar so i can put up my oem off-road lights. You can follow the restoration on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectranger93/

Good deal on your tape deck, should last a long time. Also easier to connect to your phone or via bluetooth.

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
Thanks man! I've been turning it into a stock off-road truck from the early years. Still hunting down an oem roll bar so i can put up my oem off-road lights. You can follow the restoration on my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/projectranger93/

Good deal on your tape deck, should last a long time. Also easier to connect to your phone or via bluetooth.
But you know phone service cuts out and your stuck with no music or same old radio stations...no bluetooth required...also I have a cassette to aux cord adapter but I still listen to old tapes and record my own tapes here and there...also seen progress on your truck in "what did you do to your ranger today"

projectRanger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger STX
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
235/75-R15
But you know phone service cuts out and your stuck with no music or same old radio stations...no bluetooth required...also I have a cassette to aux cord adapter but I still listen to old tapes and record my own tapes here and there...also seen progress on your truck in "what did you do to your ranger today"
Always good to have a mini collection of old tapes for those no service zones.
Ah yeah i summarize in that forum. I go into more detail on my IG. Was considering starting a whole build thread on here.

Last edited:

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
Always good to have a mini collection of old tapes for those no service zones.
Ah yeah i summarize in that forum. I got into more detail on my IG. Was considering starting a whole build thread on here.
I have more than a mini collection sadly...a whole shelf... a cubby or two...and a cassette briefcase for the ranger on trips and just keep em more organized In cab...I have a bluetooth tuner in my gramps F150 and put in my ranger, had a song that wasn't very loud at all for some reason at full volume. But a lot of bass and fixed my two back speakers so they both work at once instead of one or the other on a speed bump or pothole....

Bgunner

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford/Ranger XLT
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
225/70/R15
My credo
If it's not broken Don't Fix It!
She's a gorgeous truck for the year but what's up with the electrical tape on your head light/directional? I wish the sides of my bed were as strait as yours, since the previous owner of mine was a 16 yr old kid and it was his first vehicle so it took a beating once it was put on the road up here.

Just a suggestion from personal experience, think about installing vent visors over the windows. It made a huge difference on mine allowing air in and no where near the amount of water when it rains. I realize your located in Florida and the A/C is your main source of cool air but in the winter it would be really handy.

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
She's a gorgeous truck for the year but what's up with the electrical tape on your head light/directional? I wish the sides of my bed were as strait as yours, since the previous owner of mine was a 16 yr old kid and it was his first vehicle so it took a beating once it was put on the road up here.

Just a suggestion from personal experience, think about installing vent visors over the windows. It made a huge difference on mine allowing air in and no where near the amount of water when it rains. I realize your located in Florida and the A/C is your main source of cool air but in the winter it would be really handy.
Don't have ac currently, plan on fixing it somewhere in time, want to get the window visors for when its raining and I have windows open, I am 16, I take pride in taking care of my truck, I bedlinered the bed recently, that pic was older picture, I got plans for this truck, want to make a stock looking sleeper. Was originally and still is my grandpa's old truck, technically mine because of the work I do to it, truck only has 92k or 96k something miles on it, love and hate Old Green sometimes. On a tight budget fixing her is a slow job. Tape on headlights is because on those aftermarket lights have a third clip on the bottom that wouldn't click in place like the factory originals....

Last edited:

PacificGreen1998

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
stock since 1998
My credo
Truck is fun to drive, could use some shocks, bushings are a nightmare that no one should see, old radio got fried and got a late 90s aftermarket kenwood brand new with tape deck installing on Saturday, engine could use a little touching up in some areas but runs like a tank, definitely need to change the trans fluid and filter because it's the original fluid from 1998?ik its horrible to even hear, want to put a lsd in the rear, fix driver's seat and arm wrest, hood sits low on driver side because rubber stopper fell off, would like to go through the engine maybe step it up a notch and put a cam in her....maybe a blower if I'm stupid enough ??✌but they're just dreams at some extent....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals