• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Im drinking 4.74 liters of water the same amount of oil in my 4.0 v6 sohc :)

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
It's so terrible lol.

I start my morning with like 30 ounces of coffee.. sweet & light of course.. then after that a 20oz A&W will usually last me until I punch out... then go home and have at least another can or two before I fall asleep.

I have been trying to drink more water though. Big motivator lately into drinking more water is that everything else costs so damn much money .. it's ridiculous. Especially when it's hot out... bring a big jug of water to work for free, or spend 5 bucks a day (at least) on a couple sodas/teas/lemonades..
Ive turned into a water snob. Ill drink my tap water for conveience sake but if i stop i buy a bottle of smartwater or evian or whatever that costs as much as a damn pop.

Athough yesterday i stopped in a gas station up by the dairy, its middle of no where and they have decent food. Anyways, 4 chicken strips, a no bake cookie, bottle of tea and a can of cope came to 18.56. I about shit.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I used to drink a ton of Mountain Dew, Pepsi and sweet tea. Now it’s a very rare treat and if I do drink Dew or Pepsi it’s usually the Throwback stuff with real sugar since it’s better for you. Your body processes real sugar better than high fructose corn syrup. I didn’t really like water and would only tolerate it ice cold. 10-ish years working concrete construction cured me of that. Along with having asthma. Now I typically drink 2-3 gallons of water a day. Much healthier and I don’t even care if it’s warm water.

Of course I also have a big glass of orange/pineapple/mango juice in the morning (it varies), my usual 4 cups of coffee, and beer in the evening.

Blmpkn

Toilet enthusiast
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2.5"
Tire Size
285/75/18
My credo
Its probably better to be self deprecating than self defecating.
Way healthier.

Lotta disease apparently cannot exist in a body that's alkaline.. if your body leans more towards the acidic side your much more likely to develop cancer and whatever else.

Sugar makes you acidic. So does dairy and some meat I guess.

But certain acidic things like lemon juice actually make your body more alkaline as they get broke down.. it's wierd.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Way healthier.

Lotta disease apparently cannot exist in a body that's alkaline.. if your body leans more towards the acidic side your much more likely to develop cancer and whatever else.

Sugar makes you acidic. So does dairy and some meat I guess.

But certain acidic things like lemon juice actually make your body more alkaline as they get broke down.. it's wierd.
Dairy is also bad for asthmatics and people with respiratory issues. I’ve found that I can tolerate it as long as I’m careful about the intake. Go easy on the dairy products and if I’m having trouble (like being sick), I have to cut the dairy back to about nothing. Highly processed foods are also a bad idea. That includes most “fast food”, frozen and otherwise prepared stuff like the Dinty Moore trays that don’t need refrigerated and such. I can tolerate it to a degree, but I can’t do it all the time.

There are plenty of “work-around” solutions though if you put your mind to the problem. Even a can of chunk chicken in spring water and pouch of Uncle Ben’s ready rice or a pouch of pre-cooked noodles and a jar of sauce can make a quick meal that’s less processed than a frozen meal. When I drove for Autozone, I got phone numbers for restaurants and worked out a plan. Instead of stopping at Burger King or something, I’d call ahead for take out and get a wrap or salad or something from a regular restaurant for a healthier option. Takes about the same time if you plan it right to stop and run in to pick up your take-out as it does to stop for fast food.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My right kidney has a terrible habit of making large stones. Almost lost it in 2016, due to a 9 mm stone. Took three attempts with Lithotripsy to break it up so I could pass the pieces. One of two things you can do to hopefully eliminate them is drink large amounts of fluid every day, and count your salt intake, keep it below 2300 mgs. So yeah, I drink around a gallon every day. All fluid counts, except those that cause stones, such as iced tea. With the exception of iced tea, anything with lemon or lime in it is a YUGE plus. The citrides in lemon and lime juice, help stop the teeny molecules that form stones, from clinging to one another.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
All fluid counts, except those that cause stones, such as iced tea. With the exception of iced tea, anything with lemon or lime in it is a YUGE plus.
What's wrong with iced tea?

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Some kidney stones are calcium oxalate. Iced tea is high in oxalates. So are carrots, celery, tomatoes and broccoli. Milk is high in calcium. It's not that I can't drink either, I just have to keep it's use moderate. Maybe one glass of each per day. I've doing good so far, haven't had another episode since the doctor pulled out the stent he had placed in my right side In July 2016, to bypass that Yuge stone and allow my kidney to drain, in November 2016. Man, you don't want to know what it feels like when a doctor pulls out a long plastic tube, that runs from your bladder up into your kidney. For all the "surgeries" they perform, you're out of it. When they pull that tube out, your wide awake. There is a string that runs from your pee hole into your bladder, attached to that tube. The ends of the tube a re curled on each end, in your bladder and in your kidney. Doc just grabs the string and pulls that whole damn thing out. OUCH!! Hopefully never a gain.

There's actually a pretty long list of things you should not eat or drink. And a lot of people say you should eat nothing but Kale and drink nothing but water. I'd rather be dead. I pretty much eat and drink what I want, in moderation. Drink a lot of fluids daily and watch how muc hsalt I injest. S ofar it seems to be working.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I don't think always eating and drinking the "right things" will make you live longer, but it would certainly make it feel longer :)

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
I drink a few liters of water everyday. And go pee about 20 times a day, too.

I pretty much gave up sodas about 12 years ago. I have them on special occasions at work or Thanksgiving, but that's it. Sweet tea was tearing me up though. That replaced the sodas, which is basically as bad. Now that I was in the hospital so long, getting over the tea was easy and I just pass on it every time I go eat anywhere and just get water.

The other things I drink are powerade, if the water tastes weird, Gatorade, or lemonade.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
What's interesting, is that I'm going to be 62 soon. And one of the main ways you know if your prostate is b ad is having to get up pee a little bit, many times. I sleep 7 to 8 hours a night, wake up and have to pee like a race horse. Guess my prostate is still good to go.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Some kidney stones are calcium oxalate. Iced tea is high in oxalates.
Thank you for the explination.

Among many other things, I gave up all sodas and almost all sweet tea for about a year after finding out I am diabetic back in November 2022. For that year I drank about 95% straight water. Occasionally tea made with alternative sweeteners when at family or firends house, but hardly enough to count. Primarily water and Minutemaid Sugar Free Lemonade on the occasions I ate at Zaxbys with the fancy pop despenser. I know, probably shouldn't have been eating the Zaxbys either, but can't give up everything. Ive read about studys going both ways on the alternative sweeteners, my choice is they aren;t huting my blood sugar so I'll take my chances.

It's getting better though. Sugar is down, not as down as it should be thanks in part to the holidays and in part to new job, but much better than it was a year earlier. I'm starting to loosen up more on my self imposed food restrictions and finding more things that are diabetic friendly, namely low or no sugar.

I was fortunate to find that Lipton makes a pretty good pre sweetened sweet tea bags, it's made with mostly artificial sweetener (can't recall which at the moment) and a very minute amount of cane sugar. I'd tried it once and didn't like it, too weak when made per directions. Found that where the recipie calls for 2 bags per half gallon, if I use three the strength is nearly perfect. I still don't drink it like I used to (that half gallon would be gone in a meal), but atleast I can enjoy a good glass of tea with dinner and it won't spike my blood sugar.

My go-to sodas before were Coca-Cola Original and Sunkist Orange. Still don't care for Coke Zero, but I have found recently that I don't mind the flavor of Zero Sugar Sunkist Orange. It's nice having a bottle of something that I can carry into work for lunch on occasion. Also starting to find more and more zero sugar candies. I discovered last week that Werther's makes zero sugar caramels, both chewy and hard. I'm in heaven! Now if Reeces can just make their zero sugar peanut butter cups taste like the regular version.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
My daughter was a phlebotomist, she would get a +$50 kicker Everytime she had a patient donate platelets instead of blood; a prerequisite was 1oz of water per lb of body mass over the previous 72 hrs. It was great to see her get the bonus and I became occustomed to that volume.

I take an analgesic that dries my body, so my thirst is great, drinking the 1oz/pound of body mass keeps my body feeling nearly unbroken.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals