• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I'm afraid it's that time

Strieg

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm Gettin rid of my ranger. It's just costing too much. The damn front seal blew *again* the second time in two months. And with rising gas.... I just can't afford to keep up all the little things. That and it's still not running right. Sucks cause I really like my truck and rangers in general. I'm just stuck in a money pit with this one. Bought it for 2300$ and sunk in about 1000$ already. May not seem like alot but with a baby on the way... And the truck not having a real back seat... Guess it's time to say goodbye. :dunno: :bawling:

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
are you sure your pcv system is functioning properly? Could be the surface on the crankshaft is ruining the seal or is not sealing effectively, or even positive crankcase pressure (blow-by). Just weird, never had that much trouble with the front seal, usually the rear main. I hate buying used cars and trying to sell, unless it's really bad, you at least know what all is wrong with the car you have. Sucks to hear, for 2300 bet it was a pretty decent 1986 gen-1.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Time to come over to the dark side.:D

I really like having something with 4 doors. When you have a family it is a priority. Hope you find something you like.

Strieg

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes my truck is beautiful. Sad I never posted up a pick... It's white, no dents or dings. Straight body, slight rust on the rain rails in one spot over the window. Bed liner... And unfortunately, it's the tranny front seal. I know I posted this in engines, this is where I posted the majority of my thoughts and threads. I mean it's still a great truck it's got 228k on the clock and still running mostly strong except for the aforementioned issues. But with the ecomny how it is... I doubt I could sell it in time for the baby. (mid august) just because.. No one wants trucks right now. Especially not old trucks with lots of miles. So more than likely I'm goon fix the seal again, drive to the dealership and trade it in. Prolly only get a grand if that. Im looking at the half ton supercrew....

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
if i needed something 4 door... i already have a baby but im sticking with truck... my wife can buy a friggin 4 door. I think I gave her enough money already.... heh. sorry to hear its givin enough problems to wanna get rid of.

RyanL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'89
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Yes my truck is beautiful. Sad I never posted up a pick... It's white, no dents or dings. Straight body, slight rust on the rain rails in one spot over the window. Bed liner... And unfortunately, it's the tranny front seal. I know I posted this in engines, this is where I posted the majority of my thoughts and threads. I mean it's still a great truck it's got 228k on the clock and still running mostly strong except for the aforementioned issues. But with the ecomny how it is... I doubt I could sell it in time for the baby. (mid august) just because.. No one wants trucks right now. Especially not old trucks with lots of miles. So more than likely I'm goon fix the seal again, drive to the dealership and trade it in. Prolly only get a grand if that. Im looking at the half ton supercrew....
I don't see how a half ton supercrew is gonna fix your problems. One, they really have about the same room as a sub compact car (think elantra or something) and they suck a shit ton of gas which is about $4 reg/$5 diesel. It's one thing if you need it for work or something- such as you do concrete work or work on a farm, but I see so many people tote around large gas sucking vehicles and it just drains them. I do construction work and see so many guys drive from an hour or two from home to the job who think they need trucks, but in reality could get by with cars which get twice the mileage. I'm not trying to be preachy, but babies are probably more expensive than you realize. Check into Ford Fusions with 2.3s and 6 speeds or Civics with manuals (you'll want a manual with a 4cyl.). They are probably the best bang for the buck right now and have enough leg room for car seats. I don't know your financial situation, but maybe you could keep the truck as an extra vehicle and put minimum insurance coverage on it. You may even be able to put historic tags on it depending where you live (insurance would be next to nothing on it then). Just giving you some options if you really like it and since you said you probably wouldn't get much for it anyway trading it in.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals