• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ignition wiring

NauvooNinja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I have a 90 ranger XLT body that I swapped to a 95 frame and engine. The 1990 has the 60 pin eec and the 95 has 104.obd2. I kept the 90 model interior ( dash, steering column) I changed the ignition switch wires the best way I could research. From 95 to 90 . All worked it will crank and run but my lights come on when I turn the switch. Also without turning switch, I can pull the switch for lights ( which I've changed too) and the instrument panel lights up and ignition comes

NauvooNinja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I have a 90 ranger XLT body that I swapped to a 95 frame and engine. The 1990 has the 60 pin eec and the 95 has 104.obd2. I kept the 90 model interior ( dash, steering column) I changed the ignition switch wires the best way I could research. From 95 to 90 . All worked it will crank and run but my lights come on when I turn the switch. Also without turning switch, I can pull the switch for lights ( which I've changed too) and the instrument panel lights up and ignition comes
Can anyone send some diagrams please and thanks

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You need to buy one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Ford-Ranger-Bronco-II-EVTM-Electrical-Manual-/160416981469

And a 1995 Ford Ranger EVTM, which I don't see for sale at this time

But the 1990 EVTM will be helpful since it reads like you are trying to change the 1995 into a 1990

You can get wiring diagrams free from Public Library websites, you just need a library card and login PIN
And you can print any off that you may need
But the EVTM is way way better, its what Ford sent out to their Dealer shops for every year and model

NauvooNinja

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 2.3
Transmission
Manual
Can anyone send some diagrams please and thanks
You need to buy one of these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Ford-Ranger-Bronco-II-EVTM-Electrical-Manual-/160416981469

And a 1995 Ford Ranger EVTM, which I don't see for sale at this time

But the 1990 EVTM will be helpful since it reads like you are trying to change the 1995 into a 1990

You can get wiring diagrams free from Public Library websites, you just need a library card and login PIN
And you can print any off that you may need
But the EVTM is way way better, its what Ford sent out to their Dealer shops for every year and model
I'd like to be able to but Ima poor man. Dun bought a Hanes and it shows several different models just not in detail for my situation. Was hoping some body has been there ye" know What I mean Verne"

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals