• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ignition cluster F***

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
I ordered it on a Thursday and it was there the next Wednesday.

John
That's encouraging. I wonder if there's a way to find out how much stock they actually have...

cyclejohn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I don't know. I just tried to call my local O'reillys to ask that very question and they must be too busy to answer the phone right now. I'll try again tomorrow.

I didn't know if it would be of any help to anyone but I snapped a couple of pics of the 671 and 691 side by side so you could see the difference for yourself.

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I don't know. I just tried to call my local O'reillys to ask that very question and they must be too busy to answer the phone right now. I'll try again tomorrow.

I didn't know if it would be of any help to anyone but I snapped a couple of pics of the 671 and 691 side by side so you could see the difference for yourself.

You should do a quick write up on the subject with your photos and any other information you feel is necessary. Then submit it for a tech article.

Then it will be captured for future reference. This isn't the first time it has come up... probably won't be the last.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I called my local O'reillys Auto Parts this morning. They show no inventory in their warehouse for the 30-2691 or 30-2671.

The person I talked to said he would send an inquiry directly to the distributor that supplies their warehouse (that is their protocol) and he would call me back within 48hrs. or whenever he hears back from them.

I did find this one on AMAZON but it is twice what I paid at O'reillys (but it does list it as IN-STOCK). Roll the dice take your chances type thing I guess.

https://www.amazon.com/Cardone-30-2671-Remanufactured-Ignition-Distributor/dp/B000C41J3G/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=cardone+30-2671+distributor&qid=1631802176&s=automotive&sr=1-1

John

cyclejohn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
You should do a quick write up on the subject with your photos and any other information you feel is necessary. Then submit it for a tech article.

Then it will be captured for future reference.
Hey Uncle Gump,

I am actually all about helping others. Lord knows I have received enough of it myself.

Would you be against me sending you any and all pertinent information and pics and you do the write-up with attached pics.

You could set it up any way that you wanted to. I have no need for accolades and limelight in my life. I would rather see a tech article say: UNCLE GUMPS blah blah blah

I like the shadows the best for some reason.

John

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Well I wouldn't take credit for it... the banner is just a way to acknowledge members and their contributions to the site.

I feel it's worthy information though... I'm certain it will help others in the future.

You can send it to me and I can arrange it and send it back for you to proof. Then I will submit it for consideration by the big man.

My email link is in my profile... send it email.

cyclejohn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My email link is in my profile... send it email.
Hey Uncle Gump,

I have to play dumb here (actually I'm not playing dumb), I don't know how to access your profile to find your email???

Tips???

PS: I'm not against suggestions on what pics to take and what pertinent information to provide to lessen the pain for any future users of the information that would be helpful to be shared.

I have so much in my head (info) but I have always had the hardest time putting it into actual print. I hope you understand???

John

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals