• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Idle speed adjustment

Forlorn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
Was curious as I am pretty new to doing anything with carbs, but I was curious as my idle speed is set pretty high, at least around 2k revs. I was wondering if I can get a simple procedure explained to me to adjust it, with possibly any pictures that would be appreciated.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
If your engine is all original, it is a little involved. If your engine is original, it has a computer that controls everything, including the idle speed using a DC motor. This system worked well when it was new, but now it's hard to diagnose and get parts for. I converted mine over to a regular carb and distributor, but some of the distributors are getting hard to find.

Mine would run good when I got it, but randomly I would also get the 2K rpm thing. I found out is was the computer advancing the timing for some reason. I am going to attach the factory idle setting procedure for your 2.8.

Attachments

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals