• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Identifying block #’s- need help please.

Rat Rod Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I have multiple pictures that I will show that shows the numbers below the exhaust on the driver side and then also just beside the water pump area. I am wanting to verify the numbers as everything that I’ve looked into doesn’t seem to be lining up with how to identify the block. Set of numbers that are just below the exhaust from what I can read is 01D93
Ones that are on The block on the flat area beside the water pump are 233 and then it has two vertical slashes then upside down it says 3D8.
From another time when I looked at it the heads had 3TM669
Any input would be greatly appreciated as I’m just trying to do some diagnostic work on the engine and it is not in the truck anymore as I receive the engine separate from a truck and do not have the Vin number that it came from. Thank you very much in advance or thoughts!

Attachments

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
What is it suppose to be, 2.3l, 3.0l 4.0l???
Or is it a Ranger engine at all?
And what is the year its suppose to be?

First Pic is Casting number
Second is build date, 3D8, 3 would be "year" , D = April, 8 = 8th day, so xxx3, april 8th is when block was machined
So 1983, 1993, 2003, 2013

Need a reference point to look

Rat Rod Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Transmission
Automatic
60 pin Computer part # lines up with 93-94, some other misc parts line up with 93-97.
It is a pushrod Ford V6 from a 2wd Ranger. I think 4.0 but just want to verify everything I can by engine#’s do when I need parts I can order correct parts 1st time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals