• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i want to say something.

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
im just hoping that none of you closed the memorial banner at the top of the page, and i feel that if any of you did now thats down right un-American. today i did set down and have a beer for my grandfather who was in WWII guam island battles and he pasted away in '97 due to numorus health issues. I know we all have our own sob stories but i just thought i would share mine.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i feel that if any of you did now thats down right un-American.
uhhh not really. i have respect and honor for those who have served and are serving our country, but i dont need to look at a bigass banner on the forums. it makes no difference whatsoever.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i closed the banner too, didnt think it was that big of a deal?

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
God my balls are itchy.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I saw it and closed it too. It's not exactly that disrespectful.

I said my thanks for my servicemen and women.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I saw it and closed it as well. Don't think it is disrespectful or un-american in the least. As everyone else said I respect and appreciate all those service men for whom this day is meant. After my third time on the forum today I got tired of having to scroll halfway down the page to get to the threads, so I closed it.

That said what about all the forum members who aren't from the USA. You think it's disrespectful and un-american for them to close it? Go sing that song to one of those members and I'm sure they would probably tell you where to shove it.

BTW hell of a way to start your second thread. Isn't it illegal to drink under the age of 21 in Minnesota, I know it is here. FWIW I also had/have family in the military. At least your grandfather made it back alive, I'm pretty sure many on here have family that didn't make it back. If you wanted to start a thread about memorial day I think you'd have a better response if it were in memorial of those who were lost/no longer with us.

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i closed it after the 43rd time i logged into trs today.

my grandpa was in ww2 as well. june 6th, 1944 was his 26th bday, i'll give you 2 guesses as to which "beach" he spent it on. then, somewhere in france he was shot in the arm. he was retreating behind a sherman when the sherman was hit by an 88mm or a mortar (he never found out which) shooting a bunch of fragments into his back. one was the size of a dime and stopped about 2 centimeters from his spine. 2 centimeters and i may not be here typing this right now. so i dont need some stupid banner to make me think about my grandpa and be thankful for him and what he did, on memorial day or any day for that matter. same goes for the rest of the troops, i'm always thankful.....sure is nice to have a paid day off work though!

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i closed it after the 43rd time i logged into trs today.

my grandpa was in ww2 as well. june 6th, 1944 was his 26th bday, i'll give you 2 guesses as to which "beach" he spent it on. then, somewhere in france he was shot in the arm. he was retreating behind a sherman when the sherman was hit by an 88mm or a mortar (he never found out which) shooting a bunch of fragments into his back. one was the size of a dime and stopped about 2 centimeters from his spine. 2 centimeters and i may not be here typing this right now. so i dont need some stupid banner to make me think about my grandpa and be thankful for him and what he did, on memorial day or any day for that matter. same goes for the rest of the troops, i'm always thankful.....sure is nice to have a paid day off work though!
a-men,:icon_cheers:

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
im sorry to start this thread, i didnt know it would be such a big problem. i didnt mean it in a bad way. i was raised to not put the flag down and to respect it. yes, i have family who was lost in WWII, theres just nobody left to tell me the stories. i didnt know this was going to be such a problem. and Fyi, in minnesota you can drink with your parents consent on your own property.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
the next time I'm trying to get past an old dude who is dragging one leg....can't decide whether to turn left or right at the end of the grocery isle....has missed 3 belt loops with his belt.....the hair he has left is sticking in the wrong direction on his head...got some kind of big purple spots on his face & arms...

I'll give him the courtesy of not zipping past him like he's an old dog with mange....

He's probably just an old Veteran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Salute!

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
First thing I did this morning was put out the US flag, and the POW flag. Then off to the cemetaries for cross-installation and trimming of headstones. My dad......my DAD was on Guadalcanal, in the SeaBees.....my half-brother in the Navy, on Guam for a while.

Closing a banner on a website disrespectful and un-American? Hardly.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Dad was in 'Nam..
i closed out the banner to. no disrepect tho. i saw it probably 100 times before i did, i spend way to much time on here lol..

i spent the day w/ family and friends. i helped my g/f's dad put up his new flag pole. raised the flag high and proud! just remember what today is really for.

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I Closed it. Great Grandpa and Uncles were in WWII, Grandpa's and Uncles in Korea and Nam, Uncle in Desert Storm, and 3 Cousins and my own brother in Iraq and Afghanistan.

badmts

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I served 4 active 6 Guard and I REALLY did not know I could close it -I was just thinking how annoying it was THANK YOU!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals