• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I want something fast

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Eclipse turbos are out there too, but they're getting rare.
That they is. :bawling:

It seems like people buy a mint car, whoop it all up... and then when they get bored with it they part it out and junk the still mint shell. :icon_confused:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what that does to the population. :icon_idea:

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Right now my stock 01 Mustang Bullitt goes for around 7 grand blue book. So any Mustang GT that is older will go for less. I like the 5.0 but the 4.6 will give you better mileage. 01 has traction control, ABS, and airbag. Unless you want to go crazy fast parts are plentiful and relatively cheap.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Right now my stock 01 Mustang Bullitt goes for around 7 grand blue book. So any Mustang GT that is older will go for less. I like the 5.0 but the 4.6 will give you better mileage. 01 has traction control, ABS, and airbag. Unless you want to go crazy fast parts are plentiful and relatively cheap.
For that matter a 05-09 is about $10k. They are a pretty nice car too, 300hp stock.

duck94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Get a 94-95 sn95, did 157 during prom this year :shok:

chayse brooks

Reaction score
I will be able to do some work on a car when I get it. I'm going to college for mechanics and welding hoping to get into a career that I can build cars. As for price around here (Washington state ) ive found some fox body's that are pretty cheap and some other cheap imports. I'm looking for something to build a lot of power on. I like spending all the money on engin and handling rather than the looks. I'm thinking about going with the fox body's I've seen since parts are really cheap and available for the most part.

Rex2nr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
90's Civics have tons of aftermarket stuff, but good luck when it comes down to trim, sheet metal, interior stuff- dealer parts are long gone and NOS parts are being hoarded and sold for ridiculous amounts of cash.

I just sold my CRX Si a couple weeks ago, I've owned one since 2000. It was the most fun car I've ever driven- 38mpgs, 15.9 in the quarter my first time out (not saying that's fast at all lol), handled like it was on rails, and quick enough to get you in trouble.

tcbaklash

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
That they is. :bawling:

It seems like people buy a mint car, whoop it all up... and then when they get bored with it they part it out and junk the still mint shell. :icon_confused:

It doesn't take a genius to figure out what that does to the population. :icon_idea:
Most of the ones I see are trashed, even the really fast ones guys bring to the track. I think it's just a matter of being a cheap tuner like Civics and 240SXs, they just get used up by people who don't know what they're doing. And unlike a Civic or 240SX, they're not very reliable, so I think a lot of them just got thrown away.

1996xlt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Lincoln Mark VII/VIII, find a good one that hasn't been beat on too much and it should be well within your price range and leave you with some money to throw mustang parts at it.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Most of the ones I see are trashed, even the really fast ones guys bring to the track. I think it's just a matter of being a cheap tuner like Civics and 240SXs, they just get used up by people who don't know what they're doing. And unlike a Civic or 240SX, they're not very reliable, so I think a lot of them just got thrown away.
They were never that common in my area, I only see them in a few facebook groups anymore. Pretty rare to see one in the wild. :sad:

I got mine when it was 13 years old with 134k miles. It needed the typical used car stuff, brakes, alternator, maybe battery (I dont remember) It never treated me wrong. If I could find another clean one for a decent price I would like to have another.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Mazda Rx 7 or 8 my brother had an rx8 I did 145 in it he still doesn't know ha ha the rx7 had a massive turbo on it they where both a pain to drive the 7 had no ass till the turbo lit then hang on it was bad but good luck with the parts for a rotory. its hard to find a FAST car that someone hasn't already got all the "fast" out of lol
I second a 7 or an 8. Just be aware that on 8 club, some people are MAJOR ass holes. I miss my 8. Hit 130 mph in it. There is something about shifting at 9k rpm that just makes me smile. A rotary engine can be awesome to drive but it can require some high dollar maintenance. Do your research if you decide to go rotary. I miss being a rotard. :D

chayse brooks

Reaction score
I've been looking around and I've seen that I can get a g body Malibu for pretty cheap. I like that they have that I'm a slow grandpa car look but have a 350v8 I may be saving up for one of those now but in the meantime I'm rebuilding my 2.9 so it may be a while now

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A kid I used to work with had a 2dr Granada, I am no expert on them but it had round headlights.

I think it is based on a foxbody... I always thought it was kind of a neat looking car (especially from the front) that you don't see everywhere.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals