• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i want a 5.0

mayito

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i have a question, i want to change mi 4.0 to 5.0, and the most thing is worring me is gas mileage, i have 4.56 and 35 tires and i want to usea a 5.0 with 5 speed, now mi truck is given like a 4 Kilometers/liter, is a lot of gas in a low of miles, and i dont want to spend more gas, maybe the same quantity of gas, did someone know how many gas spend the 5.0 , 5 speed and 4.56 wiht 35 tires ?????????????????????????
thanks a lot

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
You need to convert the liters per kilometer to miles per gallon for us:icon_confused: Roughly, I'm thinking that's something like 16 mpg. A V8's going to be about the same, depending on your right foot.

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
A V8 can give you better and worse milage. If you drive it like an old man the extra torque and power will help you out a little in the milage department. Just about every person I know or have helped do a V8 (stock V8) has increased their milage when they drive normally. None of these trucks were lifted so I don't have any numbers for you. My truck is similar in size and specs to yours, with my large V8 the best I've every managed is 16mpg on a good day. As soon as you start getting happy with the gas you will do much worse than you could have ever imagined. The easiest 5.0L and 5 speed setup you will find will be from an F-150, take engine and transmission, use the t-case if you want; it's a little large. Or look for something older to take the t-case from the NP 205 or 208 are the best fits.

Matt

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i get about 18mpg on the highway with my setup, and my engine makes more noise and smoke then power these days. Its exciting to have a V8 in a ranger which makes it hard to "drive like an old man"

mayito

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
question

i get about 18mpg on the highway with my setup, and my engine makes more noise and smoke then power these days. Its exciting to have a V8 in a ranger which makes it hard to "drive like an old man"

ey man, that is better 18mpg than 16, but i have a question, if you speedometer say`s 60mph what is your real speed ??????

in my truck that saids 60 and i go like a 55
thats what i want to know
thanks

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
4Km/L converted to US MPG is 9.424mpg, that's pretty bad and makes me suspect he didn't recalibrate his speedometer/odometer.

I've never heard of a 4.0 getting mileage that bad unless itmwas being run in low range.

AD

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I came up with 15.14 mpg. There's 3.7852 liters per gallon.

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
when my spedo says 100kph, im doin 100kph

Ranger5.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
LOL Thats bad dude....veary veary bad lol

mudranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am getting 17-18 mpg out of the 5.0 v8 w/ 32" muds and 4.10 s with a locker...as long as I keep my foot out of it....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals