• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I think I have joined the dark side

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
I bought a Chevy. :dunno:

This guy was selling me a tonneau cover for my F250 and got to talking about how he's gonna scrap his truck. I offer him $300 for it and next thing I know it's mine! It's a 93 Chevy 3500 2wd Crew Cab with an 8ft bed. All because the starter died and he chose to just get a new truck instead of messing with it. Pull-started it and drove it home that night. A reman starter from Autozone only costed $35 and another $30 to fix the air conditioning and $25 for a pair of used front tires. Total cost so far $390 but it still needs a rear window and a hitch receiver to be complete but otherwise i've ran the thing through about 15-20 gallons of gas so far and it runs great. My one thing about owning a full size truck has always been that it has to be atleast an extended cab and have an 8ft bed. I thought I got a steal when I picked up my 96 F250 for $1000 a few years ago because it was the cheapest extended cab with an 8ft bed that I could find but this one definitely tops it.

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a Chevy. :dunno:

This guy was selling me a tonneau cover for my F250 and got to talking about how he's gonna scrap his truck. I offer him $300 for it and next thing I know it's mine! It's a 93 Chevy 3500 2wd Crew Cab with an 8ft bed. All because the starter died and he chose to just get a new truck instead of messing with it. Pull-started it and drove it home that night. A reman starter from Autozone only costed $35 and another $30 to fix the air conditioning and $25 for a pair of used front tires. Total cost so far $390 but it still needs a rear window and a hitch receiver to be complete but otherwise i've ran the thing through about 15-20 gallons of gas so far and it runs great. My one thing about owning a full size truck has always been that it has to be atleast an extended cab and have an 8ft bed. I thought I got a steal when I picked up my 96 F250 for $1000 a few years ago because it was the cheapest extended cab with an 8ft bed that I could find but this one definitely tops it.
like that commerical says, "thats amazing"

but,

:worthless:

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Dark side my foot.

For something that cheap that runs decent I'd have bought it too!

What engine?

If you pull started it I can only assume it's a stick which should be the super low geared NV4500 trans for a 1993.

And oh yeah, :worthless:

cody93

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
pics plz, and no thats not dark side, dark side is when you sell ur RBV for a POS. good luck with ur new car.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
Yeah it's a stick and yeah it's geared super-low. The only problem i've noticed so far is that it feels like 3rd gear might be losing it's synchros but as long as I shift it "properly" there's no problem. It's got a 350 in it which I don't mind because if I ever need to acquire 305/350 parts around here for a dirt cheap price all I have to do it make a phone call or two. Oh and yeah.. I was going to post a pic last night but my cell phone was being stupid. Got one transferred to my computer so i'll put it up now.

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual

Ranger Dave (B25)

U.S. Military - Veteran
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'10
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Don't vote Democrat.
My late Aunt Vivian had one like that - same colors, wheels, etc, except it was extended cab, not crew. It was still running well last I knew, with probably 300k+ on it.

Good score!

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Wish i could a deal like that on f350, good luck with it, i have a chevy c30 crew cab that has been through 2 454s and is on its 2nd 350. Damn thing only gets 10mpg if you baby it

mn_smokeater

Supporting Member
Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
yup that fits the things you will never parallel park category

Heavyfire14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
awsome deal man. you got real lucky on that score.

where am i when deals like this happen? :D

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
yup that fits the things you will never parallel park category
lol i've had it a few days and i'm already starting to make a list of small local gas stations I should avoid.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals