• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i need ecu pinout for 2001 explorer 5.0

85mustangman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
if anyone has a pinout of diagram of the ecu and or plug to the ecu for a 99-01 explorer/mountaineer with a 5.0 i will be thrilled

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
if anyone has a pinout of diagram of the ecu and or plug to the ecu for a 99-01 explorer/mountaineer with a 5.0 i will be thrilled
E-mail me with "Pinout" on the subject line. I have it on a jpeg file but it is not uploaded on photobucket.

jbrown6@tampabay.rr.com

85mustangman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
you dont by any chance have anything saying what the ohms and voltage should be to/from each wire. i still have no connectivity at the obd2 port but have continuity from the port to the ecu

85mustangman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i got her all figured out, did some extensive troubleshooting and found a short in the pair of canned wired that go from the pcm to the obd2 port. Fixed that and there was still no connectivity. for grinns i tried a pcm out of a junk yard truck and boom i have connectivity. Since the new pcm and pats were not married it still wouldnt start, so i cleared all the codes and quick flashed it with the sniper special forces tuner to disable antitheft and shes alive!

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
i got her all figured out, did some extensive troubleshooting and found a short in the pair of canned wired that go from the pcm to the obd2 port. Fixed that and there was still no connectivity. for grinns i tried a pcm out of a junk yard truck and boom i have connectivity. Since the new pcm and pats were not married it still wouldnt start, so i cleared all the codes and quick flashed it with the sniper special forces tuner to disable antitheft and shes alive!
Good to hear. Thanks for keeping us all updated.

RJAAAAAA

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I can do all things thru Christ who strenghtens me
Flash

Hello and Merry Christmas
I'm having the same pats problem after my recent 4.6 swap, what is done when you say "quick flashed" it. I have all the orginal Pats in the 2001 ranger w/ 2 keys but the engine & PCM is from a 2004 Crown vic. How can I get this thing running. I don't know anything about flashing the system. Any help you can give me would be a blessing of a Christmas present.
Thanks
Ron

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals