• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I may build one of these one day.

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I know the Ranger has been discontinued but I couldn't order one of these any way. If I could get the Ranger I wont it would be a standard cab 4cyl. 4x4 manual shift. Toyota offers this and I wont one in a Ranger. Jeep sold 4 wheel drive four cyl. for years.
I'd wont mine with a 03 steering wheel a late model front cap, the black base model. I really like the look. black trim seats like the ones I had in my 03 model. sliding rear window, ac., cruse, chrome wagon wheels, rubber floor mat, let me see, a tow package for the four wheeler. fog lites and a radio with a mp3 input. dark red paint. I've probably missed something but thats about it.
Oh yeah I'd love a step side bed, with a fleet side bed made into a trailer to put that 4 wheeler in.
Any body know why Ford didn't offer a 4 wheel dr. in a 4 cyl.?

CHKNFKR

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
545 CID
Transmission
Manual
They did. Thats what my truck started out as

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
They did only for the early years. There's a VERY small handful of GenIII's fitting this description, but to my knowledge after 1997 they disappeared entirely.

But, since Rangers still shared many parts with each other that build is a very doable one with some searching and donors. And the 01+ Duratech 4 cylinder is light years better than the Lima based engine.

I'm keeping the 4 banger in my 1997 (see sig)

R.L.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool thanks guys, I'm not rock climbing or monster mudding just fishing or hunting from time to time that might get me a little off road from time to time nothing heavy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad