• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

i get to start goin on the truggy again!!

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
so i got some money from when my mom passed away. i get it every few months. the ranger is now goin to my buddys shop and i get to get going on it again. i dont have much more to go. but it will be a while yet as ive decided to turbo it and truss the front d30.

my specs are (was) 90 ranger reg cab 2wd long bed lariat XLT

i SAS'ed it with a jeep yj d30, i got a ox locker, i installed tj knuckles and axleshafts. (stock till i break one:D). im useing the stock steering box with a 4 inch superlift drop pitmen arm. im useing a rustys heavy duty tie-rod with a modded drag link accecpting the ranger tierod end. blue torch fab shock towers with ranch rs 5000 shocks. i also retained my stock 4.10 gears.

my rear axle is a fx4 lvl2 with 4.10s and a torson lsd, blue torch fab diff cover and a home made parking break system. i used the stock leafs with stock lift blocks, i lowered the front and rear spring mounts 2 inches while adding ranch rs 5000 shocks

my trans will be a 4x4 m5od r1 for a 2.3 with a hurst shifter.a eletronic case (till it blows up) and LUK Gold series clutch

my tires will be 31in wrangler duratacs on steelies

i will have custom drive shafts made along with crossmembers,and skid plates

im adapting a audi HID kit to the front headlights.

custom flat bed with sliders and spare tire holder.

the front bumper is a rockmen tj bumper DIY kit. i measured it for my frame width and welded it up. with a rockmen winch plate holding a 9K winch

my rear bumper was a homebrew deal done by my dad with frenched in LED tail lights and shackle mounts.

ive gutted the carpet and am bed lineing inside with putting drain holes in. im moveing the CPU up out of the way from water, it will get a cb thats water proofed with a cd player and speakers. i will install exploder buckets and center console.

my motor will stay a 2.3 beacuse it has been bored .30 over,mustang SVO forged pistions,RV cam,port and polished head, im now going to run a stock mustang SVO turbo and manifold for now. im useing a audi S4 intercooler, with a diffrent coil setup (undecided) and finally im makeing a snorkle running up to the cowl

im running a set of hella 500's,and wally world lights as i already have them.
im also mounting a tool box and a air tank. i want to also install a york compresser. i will also be running a dixie horn as well.

this will all change soon however

more mods will be tube doors,exo cage, 2nd battery,saginaw power steering,HP 44 with full chromo shafts, low gears good for 35's, a atlas,klune V,or terralow d300 (undecided) my 8.8 will get a super 88 kit and matching gears as the front. ill truss both axles and do a disk break conversion with chevy 63's. the front will get some sort of flexy leafs. i want to install a grant steering wheel with a hand throttle and rock lights. my tires will be 35in mudders for a 15in rims.

at that point i think ill be dont...... key word "i think" right?:icon_rofl::headbang:

anyone got any suggestions? They are welcome :beer:

Last edited:

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Ok mike first of all :worthless:

I'd definitely do discs, my drum brakes are worthless after a few trips through the creek.
Are you planning on cutting down a hp 44 or going full width?
Why not a doubler?
Plan on keeping your wheel base where its at?

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
ill take some tomorrow. i plan on narrowing the 44. i want to keep the same lug pattern. i want to do a doubler but i cant remember were to find one. ive been to busey to search

ozziemo27

June 2010 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999/1984
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 & 2.3
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds...interesting!

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
make a build thread!

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i didnt get any pics. i got all of it moved. i need tooth work....long story. but ill get pics up soon!

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
BUild your own doubler. Theres build threads everywhere on them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals