• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I feel wrong doing this but... MY K1500!!!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I passed up on the truck a few years back and a buddy of mine bought it with a cracked windshield and wrinkled fenders (rough landing?). He fixed all of that then sold it, and I bought it and dove into fixing everything else. So mine was far from "nice" a few years ago. :icon_thumby:
I already got a fixer upper, and I didn't really want another project truck, which is why I kind of avoided them... they usually don't get easy lives.

jmsmith76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L 6 cylinder
Transmission
Manual
good looking truck man! my former love was a 96 two-door Tahoe on 35's before i had to sell it

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual

MAranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
245c.i.
Transmission
Manual
Very nice. Reminds me of a buddys truck, an 88 stepside std cab just like your style. Cool trucks. You'd probably like my friends rig, 8" over stock on a 14FF and D60 locked front and rear, all on 38.5 boggers. Same kid has a 90 long box IFS and it has done well for him. I must admit I have a soft spot for really big chevys, especially with 3 speed w/ granny low! Man that truck came alive when he ditched his 5th turbo 350 for the stick.

Having said that, only little boys wear bow ties.

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Having said that, only little boys wear bow ties.
Well then, I guess I'm reminiscent of my childhood. :thefinger:

BTW thanks for saying the truck is nice. :icon_thumby:

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Keep us posted when you DO break the IFS
I BROKE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Huge mud bog with a MASSIVE rock at the end. Took out a crossmember too. :icon_thumby:

And now a few horrible cell phone pics.

I feel so wrong that a Wrangler pulled me out.

For now it's parked with the IFS bone dry. A full-time internship and a full-time job leave me with no time. Maybe a SAS is in it's near future.

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
im betting its automatic isnt it? Man that is a nice nice bowtie. I would be a fan if you could find them with a manual more commonly

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
For now it's parked with the IFS bone dry. A full-time internship and a full-time job leave me with no time. Maybe a SAS is in it's near future.
Did any of the Chevy K series of that time period come with a solid front axle stock?

I remember my 78 Chevy had a solid axle stock. But that's roughly 20 years older than yours.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic

I BROKE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so wrong that a Wrangler pulled me out.
Irony at it best sorry man had too...
I have a ford running over a chevy emblem sticker on my ranger, and when I blew the engine my friend with his 318 powerd Dakota pulled me home and I told him at least it wasn't a chevy pulling me!

BTW I don't have the pics to prove it but I pulled my friends 2wd 1500 chevy out of a ditch with my old acura integra!!!! NOW that was Irony...

Last edited:

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual

Irony at it best sorry man had too...
I have a ford running over a chevy emblem sticker on my ranger, and when I blew the engine my friend with his 318 powerd Dakota pulled me home and I told him at least it wasn't a chevy pulling me!

BTW I don't have the pics to prove it but I pulled my friends 2wd 1500 chevy out of a ditch with my old acura integra!!!! NOW that was Irony...
:icon_rofl: It's ok dude the kid in the jeep said if he got me out I hadda take "JEEP" off the decal, so after about 2 hours of tryin to get me out I took it off. Once I fix the truck I'll cut out another "JEEP" to put back on the decal. Stickers are cheap for me, trucks on the other hand..........

And did your buddy with the C1500 give up on life after ya pulled him out?

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
No but belive it or not he actully traded it for A 4X4 RANGER which I later traded my 2wd ranger for, it's the 2.3 in my profile <------------which I no longer have. The 2.3 could take my abuse but I loved that truck and will miss very much.:sad:
He was on his way over to my house to do a tune up on his truck and the roads were icy, he called and said he slid of the road and needs pulled out. I said Ok what do u want me to do about it. (my ranger was half tore apart) So I said well my teg has tow hook undernieth so I guess i'll give it a try its all I got so i headed out hooked up after sever triies and lots of slipage I got it out:yahoo: (imagine the small suv from jurassic park triiing to pull up the big RV thats what my teg looked like)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals