• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I feel wrong doing this but... MY K1500!!!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If I ever had to own a full size, you can bet I'd get one of these.
I would have gotten one, but I was 5-10 years too late on the market to get one that hadden't almost been beat to death.

My dad got his '92 GMC 1500 in '94, I hope my F-150 will be as good of a truck when it gets to that age as that thing has.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
man, if you lived closer, i would have hit you up for recovery of my ranger about 10 times by now, lol..

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
I would have gotten one, but I was 5-10 years too late on the market to get one that hadden't almost been beat to death.
I passed up on the truck a few years back and a buddy of mine bought it with a cracked windshield and wrinkled fenders (rough landing?). He fixed all of that then sold it, and I bought it and dove into fixing everything else. So mine was far from "nice" a few years ago. :icon_thumby:

man, if you lived closer, i would have hit you up for recovery of my ranger about 10 times by now, lol..
And I'd sell you those damn leafs. :icon_rofl:

Well, probably not because I wouldn't have my current job if I didn't live here.

Last edited:

TheTopher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I too am not a very big chevy fan, and when I saw the thread title I was expecting a spray painted piece of crap...then I saw the first couple pictures and my jaw hit the keyboard. Nice truck mate.

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Thanks yo! I have to admit I see more POS Chevys and Jeeps around me than anything else, but when they're nice, they're NICE! :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Iron Ranger

Run lil' ricer RUN!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
0.040 punched 302
Transmission
Manual
It seems to sag in between the cab and the box. Hopefully you don't have one of those frames where Chevy put a bunch of holes and notches in it for some reason.:icon_confused:

But, yeah, that's a perfect play truck. Common, easy to work on, LOTS of available upgrades, fun offroad. Nice :icon_thumby::icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! And as for that sag, I forgot when I was sayin how messed up the truck was a few years back, the one rear body mount was rotted/blown through the cab. It's fixed but not perfect... as you can tell. :icon_thumby:

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i like it! i had a 91 GMC Sierra Z-71, agreed about protecting the tranny, i blew 3 in mine (no coolers)

has your vacuum hubs ****ed up yet? i remember that was famous in my GMC, had the same floor shifter and everything, and most times it wouldnt go into 4wd lol

350 rebuilt?

im one to say i'm apart of the "anti-tail gating device" club too...check out the pintle on my 250, heh thing weighs close to 70 lbs!

i had gotten rear ended once before when i had it in my 07 ranger, put a huge hole in some chicks bumper in a drive-thru. She was cursing and yelling saying i shouldnt have had it on there, when i moved forward to pull it out of her bumper, it just about took her whole bumper off lmao

Last edited:

Iron Ranger

Run lil' ricer RUN!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
0.040 punched 302
Transmission
Manual
Thanks! And as for that sag, I forgot when I was sayin how messed up the truck was a few years back, the one rear body mount was rotted/blown through the cab. It's fixed but not perfect... as you can tell. :icon_thumby:
I hate rust. Makes me wish the sheet metal was made of stainless steel. It weighs more, but it would last a lot longer.

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
has your vacuum hubs ****ed up yet? i remember that was famous in my GMC, had the same floor shifter and everything, and most times it wouldnt go into 4wd lol

350 rebuilt?

im one to say i'm apart of the "anti-tail gating device" club too...check out the pintle on my 250, heh thing weighs close to 70 lbs!
Those "auto hubs" have yet to act up, I guess I'm lucky.

The 350 is rebuilt. Valley Auto Parts. :headbang:

I would call that more of a "Rear End Collision Entertainment Device" :icon_rofl:

I hate rust. Makes me wish the sheet metal was made of stainless steel. It weighs more, but it would last a lot longer.
Buy a Delorean! :icon_rofl:

Also thanks guys! :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is one of my favorite trucks. It is really the only Half-Ton truck that I like, just like yours is, regular cab, step side, heck I even like the racer back and visor. I used to work with a guy that had one identical except red. Very nice truck.

Danger-Ranger96

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Those auto hubs have yet to act up, I guess I'm lucky.

The 350 is rebuilt. Valley Auto Parts. :headbang:

I would call that more of a "Rear End Collision Entertainment Device" :icon_rofl:

Buy a Delorean! :icon_rofl:

Also thanks guys! :icon_thumby:

yup lucky is right, unless they changed them from '91, that was a major pita.

any how, for a chevy i really like it!:headbang:

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
its a pertty truck

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
There are no "auto" hubs, the half shaft is splined directly into the wheel hub, just the same as the Late model Dodge or Jeeps. There is a Thermo-electric actuator on the front axle (Similar to the Early Dodge/Jeep CAD) that engages the front axle. They are notorious for failing, but only on the S-10 platform were they vacuum controlled. Later models use an upgraded electric actuator.

valleyvinyl84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 / 1994
Make / Model
Ford / Chevy
Engine Size
2.0 / 350 CID
Transmission
Manual
There are no "auto" hubs, the half shaft is splined directly into the wheel hub, just the same as the Late model Dodge or Jeeps. There is a Thermo-electric actuator on the front axle (Similar to the Early Dodge/Jeep CAD) that engages the front axle. They are notorious for failing, but only on the S-10 platform were they vacuum controlled. Later models use an upgraded electric actuator.
Hence why I said "auto hubs" (quotation marks), a few hours later I had a flash back to changing the driver side CV axle. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals