• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I didn't do anything to my Ranger today

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
I worked on the riding mower today, welded up the deck lift arm things at lunch today (they were bent/broken so instead of buying new weak ones I just fixed and beefed up the originals...) then pulled the deck the rest of the way to sharpen the blades, found one blade upside down (some un named person wasn't paying attention a couple years ago?) and cleaned up all the caked on grass then put it on. I ignored the silver dollar sized hole in the deck for now, it'll be there later... Now it lifts higher, ought to mow much more even...
Maybe working on the Ranger would have been more fun

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Probably, but I don't have many evening projects for either Ranger... I mean there's a back log for both, but stripping the interior of the '97 to put in rear vent side windows, rear slider and explorer overhead console would be nice, but being my daily driver it's not an evening thing :). I guess I could put in the blue bucket seats I've had for the '90 for months...

Plus I just mowed most of the grass last saturday and it needs to be finished and some redone already... at least the rain is supposed to stop after tonight for a while...

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
The nice thing is that everybody keeps their tools in my garage. I've got free access to 4 different tool boxes.
Nice. My friend just leave crap here, and I am lucky at least its not in my dryer.

Sloryd66

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B2500
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
4" Wulf
Tire Size
265/65/17
My credo
If I learned from my mistakes, I'd be a genius !!
Hi, I’m Alex and I’m a recovering Rangerholic.
You all reply “Hi Alex”

I haven’t done anything to mine since last weekend but I’m tempted every day to fall off the tailgate. I don’t have too much more to do that I can think of really, but I’m constantly tempted by other posts to mod something like an electric fan or V8 swap after reading what they’ve done when they relapse. This weekend will be a real challenge for me to get through without using my tools. Need your prayers and support please.

***On a serious note, I’m not making light of real recovering or current addicts. I have a few in my personal family life and it affects their friends and loved ones the most.

Lefty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Automatic
You all reply “Hi Alex”

I haven’t done anything to mine since last weekend but I’m tempted every day to fall off the tailgate. I don’t have too much more to do that I can think of really, but I’m constantly tempted by other posts to mod something like an electric fan or V8 swap after reading what they’ve done when they relapse. This weekend will be a real challenge for me to get through without using my tools. Need your prayers and support please.

***On a serious note, I’m not making light of real recovering or current addicts. I have a few in my personal family life and it affects their friends and loved ones the most.
Sometimes when I feel that way, Alex, I work on my friend's Ranger.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
It was a rainy day today so I hid inside and got frustrated with bullshit, lol

2drxploder

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
lower
Tire Size
235 on 15s
Worked, to pay 4 ranger parts. The worst kind of not doing anything to ranger. Now I'm enjoying a cold one, not the best kind not doing anything, but its up there

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Ran the riding mower for over 2 hours tonight, works way better with the deck flat, blades sharp and on the right orientation... at one point the plastic deflector caught a picnic table and broke more than it's been... that was fixed better than it's been since I've had it by drilling one hole and installing 4 zip ties (if 2 is fine, 4 is more gooder...). With that fix it doesn't plug as bad with the deflector not catching stuff...

And it has dried up a fair amount, tomorrow I'll put the box scraper on the tractor and fill in the trenches from burying conduit for the shop, in the next couple weeks the power company will likely come and pull the old meter and pull wire to the new meter... hopefully that day the shop will get power! Then game on, I'll order a tank or two for the welder and things can start happening...

ekrampitzjr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Ran the riding mower for over 2 hours tonight, works way better with the deck flat, blades sharp and on the right orientation... at one point the plastic deflector caught a picnic table and broke more than it's been... that was fixed better than it's been since I've had it by drilling one hole and installing 4 zip ties (if 2 is fine, 4 is more gooder...). With that fix it doesn't plug as bad with the deflector not catching stuff...

And it has dried up a fair amount, tomorrow I'll put the box scraper on the tractor and fill in the trenches from burying conduit for the shop, in the next couple weeks the power company will likely come and pull the old meter and pull wire to the new meter... hopefully that day the shop will get power! Then game on, I'll order a tank or two for the welder and things can start happening...
With all that going on, working on your Ranger will seem like a holiday. :LOL:

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Nevermind the limited slip differential. I will buy a small fridge for the garage.
You could get a really nice one for the price of a L/S

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I didn't have a baby in my Ranger today, so also didn't have baby formula
I would to make a baby in my Ranger someday.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
You all reply “Hi Alex”

Hi Alex
I was once a rangerholic. But now I'm hooked on the welding. I can't get enough of that spark. Sometimes the Ranger takes me to and from the metal shop. Maybe I will make her a bumper or something one day. Boss daddy just purchased a very sexy tubing bender.

I eat metal, and poop metal....and fart sparks.
throw a blanket over the tools, out of sight out of mind. Good luck sir.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I wish I had a tubing bender, and a band saw, or maybe a cold saw.

Metal is expensive. :(

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
I wish I had a tubing bender, and a band saw, or maybe a cold saw.

Metal is expensive. :(
Yes. Wood is too. Luckily they throw alot of it away at my work, so I pillage and stash.
My saw is the Slugger by Fein. I love that thing. I use my cordless compact band saw a lot. Besides that we have a big Ellis at work that does most of my cutting....and some oxy acetylene torches, drills, grinders/sanders, Migs, Tigs, ARC sticks etc...

Boss daddy spoils me a work, plus hes a metal guy too. hopefully by the next show we will have a mill and lathe, and maybe some sheet metal working tools/machines...

My cordless angle grinder is leatherman or swiss army knife. It does whatever I want.

I guess I'm also a toolaholic.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
I can't wait to get power to the shop... I'm really tired of trying to weld in the driveway in the rain... heck I have a plasma cutter, cutting torch, several welders (3 stick welders and two wire feeds), horizontal band saw, several grinders but it all takes so much dang work to get it out in the cramped garage... once I get power I'll buy a pair of tanks for one of the wire feed welders, one 75/25 and one argon so I can try TIG and be able to run aluminum through my spool gun... Metal is expensive but you can find deals on used stuff to make things out of, heck I made an awning for my back porch for $12 and it's 4'x14'... sure it took me time to clean up the used metal but that's part of the challenge...

I'm better with metal than wood, but I have a big stash of 1x6's from radiator pallets from work, I'm getting better with wood, I picked up a 12" table saw for $15 not too long ago, need to clean that up and it should open things up some...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals