• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I Cant see!!

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well the other day my wipers completely stopped working! And where I live it snows everyday. Ive had my head out the window to drive. Im going to list a few things that may have caused it or where the problem may be. If you guys could help that would be great! When I purchased the truck last month for the wipers to engage I had to go to full speed then I could adjust from there. But they always worked. Just recently I unhooked the remote car starter box from under the dash and mayb have cut or unplugged a wire...? Also when the truck got certified last week the mechanic had to do some work to the steering column, it was a bit loose. Now im not sure if maybe how he put it back together maybe when I turned the wheel afterwards it unplugged the wire..? But my wipers dont work what so ever. I tried to use the washer also to see if some fluid would come out or id head the pump but nothing. It seems like theres nothing happening at all. Anything info please would be great!

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I guess the first place I'd start is the fuse that powers the wiper functions. Also, the "had to go to full speed" thing leads me to think it might be in the turn-signal stalk itself....whatever contacts inside might be worn enough to prevent proper connections/function control.

I don't think whatever the mechanic did to the steering column caused this......but I may be wrong in that guess. The wiring for the controls shouldn't be able to get tangled or wrapped around any rotating part, so I doubt that turning the steering wheel made it any worse. He may have left something unplugged underneath, though.....or you may have, unintentionally, when you removed the remote setup.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yah Id have to click threw to full speed then I could go to lower speeds and it would work fine. But I have no idea if it was just wear and tear or I did something because Ive been playing around with stuff the past few days. Like I said the remote removal from underneath the dash and I also installed my new deck in the truck.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Come to think of it! When I was installing my deck I blew a fuse and I was digging aroung in the fuse box because I didnt know which fuse was for the stereo. I had to pull each one to find it....because I have no manual :( . Do we have a diagram of the fuse box and distribution box in the tech library??? I took a quick look and didnt see anything. Anyone have any links of diagrams? Thanks

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Come to think of it! When I was installing my deck I blew a fuse and I was digging aroung in the fuse box because I didnt know which fuse was for the stereo. I had to pull each one to find it....because I have no manual :( . Do we have a diagram of the fuse box and distribution box in the tech library??? I took a quick look and didnt see anything. Anyone have any links of diagrams? Thanks
If you can't see take your fingers out of them...lol Oh...you said you blew a fuse...nothing sexual on this site pal.....lol

You can get a manual at your local parts store. Sometimes they have your year in stock...if not..Ebay. Search the tec library and see if there is one there. Maybe Google the diagram you want and see if it is out there in Google Land.....

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Does it sound like a wiper motor to anyone?

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Almost got in an accident on the way home from work. Anyone have any opinions?.......... How often do the relays go in the distribution box?

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It could be the motor. I had a similar issue with the wipers on my '89 FoxBody, where I'd have to keep turning them on repeatedly so they would work. Replaced the wiper motor, problem went away.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well did some research and apparently GEM/CTM module are common? And they are mounted behind the dash!!!

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well thanks for the help :) I got it fixed!! Now what was weird was this. I found a diagram online for the fuse box... Found the fuse for the wipers and it was fine (30 amp) For safe measure I started pulling all the fuses and it ended up being a 10 amp fuse beside the 25. The fuse is for the Radio,Gem system, anti-theft. The radio was working is what makes no sense to me. But the issue is fixed and thats all that matters. Thanks for your replies ratdog8o8! Appreciated. :icon_cheers:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There is a power wire that makes the stock radio dim with the dash lights, if it touches steel behind the dash or some idiot (like me) tries to use it for a ground it will pop the fuse when the lights come on.

My truck has no GEM but it would very reliably pop that fuse when I flipped the lights on.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ill leave it at thank you. I went back out spent some time looking over the diagram and I had one fuse in the wrong slot, needed to be in the one right next to it. Those mini fuses are a real pain in the a$*.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals