• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I bought a chevy

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
My ranger got rear ended and totaled a little over a month ago. Still waiting on a check for the Ranger :annoyed: and I really need to get my own truck again so I degraded my self to a '98 Blazer :bawling:

Picked it for $550, needs a drivers door, the door striker fixed where it got pried open, a windshield and a rear rotor, the one on it now is wore down the the fins...Woman drivers :rolleyes: Other then that its in decent shape. If I can find a used door for cheap I'll throw it on and do a little welding on the door jam :icon_welder:

Driving it reminded me how much i hate GM products. I really miss my Ranger now. at least its not the Grand Cherokee ive been driving.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Weld the doors shut and climb thru the window! Lol jk. Good luck with the chev man.. Hope it treats you good

schaffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh blazers. My buddy has an 03,blew 3 rears,caught on fire etc.

He just had a 9 inch lift put on...3 body and 6 suspension and my ranger with a body lift sits a tad lower.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear about your luck there...

I don't think I'd take a blazer unless it was given to me. And even then I might be hesitant.

Viva*the*Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bummer dude. Until you get another Ford motor product, I hope the Chevy treats you good.

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My ex left with a 97 Tahoe which was a pretty nice car once chevy finally got individual port injection.Her car pulled hills fast and got 17 MPG plus really comfortable.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
A couple at work had a 99 Blazer which they got new and have babied the thing. It recently developed a rod knock with only 60,000 miles and by 61,000 the motor was seized. They sold it for 800 dollars. I hope your luck is better. The 4.3 vortec seems to be a problem child. Chevy should have kept the old style 4.3 going.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Well what the heck'd you go do a durn fool thing like that fer?

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
my dad bought a reg cab s10 in 93 brand new, and had the dealer install a 3" body lift and 31's(y i dunno). the frame sat lower then my old 00 when i had a 2/2 drop on it(before i decided to go prerunner) and with about 5k miles on it the tranny crapped out. other then that and the 4wd vacuum crap(i keep telling him to save some money by buying a posi-lock) it hasnt had anything major. the paint started peeling in about 98 and he had it repainted in 02. the thing has 288k miles on it, but other then that its a decent truck(i keep tellin him to give it to me but its his huntin truck)

he has spent prolly 2k bucks on the 4wd vacuum crap that goes out every month or so during hunting season

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
I already regret buying this thing... The climbing outta the window sucks, and I deliver pizza at night so its really not working for me. The insurance adjuster needs to get his head outta his ass and cut me a check already, its been five weeks since the wreck, this is a load of crap.

I'm trying to find someone with a Ranger who might wanna trade, The blazer is a 4x4 so maybe someone with a 2 wheel Ranger might want it... And now I'm $700 into it after swapping tags and fixing the brakes. FML

Oh yeah, GM SUCKS! This thing is a total POS. I get jelus ever time I see a Ranger in traffic

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
My boss, myself, and most of our friends have had great luck out of the 4.3 and the 4x4 Blazers..........

trannies and CV joint issues........ but what auto ranger doesn't end up with tranny trouble?

Frank

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals