• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hydrogen??

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
That's the thing about laws. They don't break. They're simply rules about how things work based on scientific methods. Your hydrogen system doesn't break them because it's not possible. You can't create more energy than you put in, so you can't improve efficiency with an HHO system - by design, it would have to create energy where none exists.

There's a sucker born every minute.

BEEFKING69

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, say you have something you need to burn 1L (gasoline) and you burn it in your car... You use 100% of that energy (about 15-20% will go to work, the other 80%ish will go to heat)... You add said "HHO generator", the only thing that changes is you burn more than 1L of gas and "HHO gas"... Meaning you did absolutely nothing... Do you believe everything you read on the internet? I don't... What do I believe? My chemistry textbook written by SEVERAL people that have spent more than half their lifetime doing exactly the stuff they are writing about, and that had to prove to SEVERAL people that they knew absolutely everything about what they are writing about... Therefore, the odds are against me to find something incorrect in the book... The odds are VERY good that you can find MULTIPLE things incorrect in any article on the internet...

BTW - Read the quote in my signature... My microbiology professor once said that ignorance is not a bad thing, unless you either refuse to admit, or refuse to change it... Pick one...

Last edited:

BEEFKING69

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok then tell me how i get 25 mpg with hho and 10 mpg without it

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ok then tell me how i get 25 mpg with hho and 10 mpg without it
1.) Something was screwed up and when you added your HHO Generator you fixed it... (Vacuum line perhaps?)
2.) You changed how you drive...
3.) Your math is screwed up...
4.) You don't actually get 25mpg with your HHO Generator and 10mpg without it, you made it up...
5.) It's a combination of all of these things (most likely)...

Rangerdave73

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
1.) Something was screwed up and when you added your HHO Generator you fixed it... (Vacuum line perhaps?)
2.) You changed how you drive...
3.) Your math is screwed up...
4.) You don't actually get 25mpg with your HHO Generator and 10mpg without it, you made it up...
5.) It's a combination of all of these things (most likely)...
and you have the right to be a hard headed "know it all" - the guy is not trying to make anything off you if he says it works for him what is his gain for lying? the only gain I see would be that you must have stock in oil and will do your best to disprove the idea so you don't lose $$$:dunno:

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
the guy is not trying to make anything off you if he says it works for him what is his gain for lying?
I agree in that sense, but I don't know if it's just me; but for the amount of hydrogen that gets created, I just can't rationally think that one would gain double or even close to tripple the fuel economy.

Pete

Bubba Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I haven't read this whole thread, but Im sure the same old arguments against HHO have been presented, so here goes...

Laws of thermodynamics don't apply here. The old 'you can't have a net gain in energy" arguement is bunk since you're changing what the energy is stored in. It's not that the HHO adds energy, it's that the energy is stored in a more efficient state.

Besides, if it is impossible to transfer energy using the alternator and gain gas milage, someone please explain how the hell a hybrid works? Or are those scams also?

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Laws of thermodynamics don't apply here.
Oh, really? Hahaha... Bubba, the Laws of Thermodynamics apply to EVERYTHING...

Hybrids don't use the alternator to produce eletrical energy... They use a regenerative braking system, converting that energy into electrical energy...

Bubba Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
LOL - Should have specified - Not the laws usually quoted (twisted and distorted as I should say)

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
LOL - Should have specified - Not the laws usually quoted (twisted and distorted as I should say)
So, basically you're saying that the argument that you cannot create energy, only transform it is incorrect? I don't know what you are thinking is twisted and distorted... I know that I know the laws of thermodynamics by heart...

1.) Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only changed in it's form...
2.) Every energy transfer or transformation increases the entropy of the universe (All energy transformations are inefficient)...

You are correct that you are not creating energy, you are transforming it... BUT, since all energy transformations are inefficient (not 100%) that means you are losing energy as heat... There is NO argument here... Only the understanding of science vs the ignorance of science...

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I read every post in this thread, and I have a 100% unbiased opinion. I'm just going to state some facts about things I have observed.

It seems like every forum has a thread about hydrogen power. And there is ALWAYS a heated debate. Out of all the people who've tried these systems, I have not seen one single person say it does not work. Results may vary, but everyone says it improves fuel economy to a certain extent.

Out of all the people who say they do not work, I have not heard of anyone who's actually tried it.

Everyone always becomes polarized into one of two groups. Those who use a lot of long technical words, with references to science and physics, claim they cannot work. And those who actually install a hydrogen system in their vehicle say they do in fact work.

Based on these observations, either there is a conspiracy amongst those who believe in hydrogen systems to blatantly and intentionally lie and say they work when they do not work at all, or they actually do work to a degree.

Who is right? Who is wrong? Don't know, don't care. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. I'm not taking sides and I'm not trying to fan the flames. I'm just observing.....

Rangerdave73

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I read every post in this thread, and I have a 100% unbiased opinion. I'm just going to state some facts about things I have observed.

It seems like every forum has a thread about hydrogen power. And there is ALWAYS a heated debate. Out of all the people who've tried these systems, I have not seen one single person say it does not work. Results may vary, but everyone says it improves fuel economy to a certain extent.

Out of all the people who say they do not work, I have not heard of anyone who's actually tried it.

Everyone always becomes polarized into one of two groups. Those who use a lot of long technical words, with references to science and physics, claim they cannot work. And those who actually install a hydrogen system in their vehicle say they do in fact work.

Based on these observations, either there is a conspiracy amongst those who believe in hydrogen systems to blatantly and intentionally lie and say they work when they do not work at all, or they actually do work to a degree.

Who is right? Who is wrong? Don't know, don't care. Everyone can draw their own conclusions. I'm not taking sides and I'm not trying to fan the flames. I'm just observing.....
I agree 100% with your observation:icon_cheers:

superdave1984

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

Me and a buddy made one and installed it on his 2005 Escape. It simply did not live up to the hype. Not even close. We did solid testing with the thing and without. With the HHO we got 26 MPG highway, without it we got 24. We filled up the tank at the same gas pump and when it clicked off we stopped. Both times. Then hit the same exact stretch of highway. Did both tests on the same day. The tests were each 104 miles. For the difference in MPG it simply isn't worth the trouble.

James Denton

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
BEEFKING69------Don't worry what they say about the hho----I built 3 and I know what they will do to they work great they give me the same hard time they giving you but I don't pay them any mine.----I been on this site sinces back in 2004 or longer---I won Street Truck of the month in November 2004---With a 1984 Ranger----I built a 4 bbl intake for the 2,8 in my truck--and they said the same about the intake and it worked to-Check it out for your self and see what you think.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals