• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hydrogen/Oxygen Generator.

Combat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Have anyone tried using one of those kits(Hydrogen/Oxygen Generator) to improve gas mileage? It seems that it can be possible. Or is it a hoax?

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
We've already discussed this in another thread.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
mythbusters tried it too. hoax. big time.

Combat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It's a scam. You can't come out ahead on the energy balance.

BrianS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Mythbusters actually got it wrong........and they did prove an ICE can run off of ONLY hydrogen. I'm a big fan of mythbusters but they only used water with no electrolyte at all. But what you have to understand is it would take a huge hho generator to run a small car...it's prolly not feasible for that reason...plus all these people on here claim it strains your alternator.....at only 30amps.....when this whole time I thought the sound system in my car was a hog at only 100 total amps with batt caps....ha!;missingteeth;

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If you are going to generate hydrogen at 30A, you are going to have a 1/2 HP car.

Energy conservation is a bitch. But you would do well to understand it before claiming perpetual motion without realizing it.

reno

Reaction score
It has never been proved nor disproved, both sides argue over it. I would like to see something work to improve the mileage, but will not bash something that is being tested. You never know, someone may find the grail and viola, we have something that works like a charm. To many claims of high mpg, some say only a few mpg's. I am waiting for one to actually shows it is working and efficient. I want to believe with all the different trial and errors going on that something will prevail. You will hear that Hydrogen produces high amounts of CO2, false, this will go on and on and on.

reno

Reaction score
If you are going to generate hydrogen at 30A, you are going to have a 1/2 HP car.

Energy conservation is a bitch. But you would do well to understand it before claiming perpetual motion without realizing it.
So at night time I only half a 1/2 hp (or less) car? Headlights,A/C,fuel pump,Computer, and a whole slew of other things pulling amps.?

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
No, at nighttime, your electrical system is pulling 0.5 HP (well, a bit more -- you're heating up the alternator as well) off the engine.

If you are going to run off hydrogen you make yourself, you will get out NO MORE than what you put in. Which means 0.5 HP at best.

Dude, you DESPERATELY need a basic physics course. It will pay for itself with all the scams you won't fall for.

As for it "never being proven," that's equivalent to claiming GPS doesn't work. Yup, you use the same physics for that (as well as how the satellites got there in the first place) as you do to say this "HHO generation" thing is a load of crap.

Last edited:

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I don't need to taste the snake oil to tell you it tastes like rotting reptile

AD

reno

Reaction score
No, at nighttime, your electrical system is pulling 0.5 HP (well, a bit more -- you're heating up the alternator as well) off the engine.

If you are going to run off hydrogen you make yourself, you will get out NO MORE than what you put in. Which means 0.5 HP at best.

Dude, you DESPERATELY need a basic physics course. It will pay for itself with all the scams you won't fall for.

As for it "never being proven," that's equivalent to claiming GPS doesn't work. Yup, you use the same physics for that (as well as how the satellites got there in the first place) as you do to say this "HHO generation" thing is a load of crap.
Makg, why do you think I am on the boat? All I have ever done about HHO is ask questions and wanted to learn. If it was not a scam, then great I am on board, if it is a scam I have no loss as I have zero $ invested as I have not built or tried this. I am waiting for reports to come out. I just don't knock people and their beliefs, you are not going to change their minds, so let it go. Maybe just maybe someone will come across something and we have some viable source of energy. Penicillin was found in the weirdest place,mold. You just never know what may come out. There are too many arguments going on, I came here to learn, not argue or be bashed, especially by one of the boards respected members.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am not getting into this discussion again BUT, MAKG, perpetual motion means nothing is added. The actions continue with nothing expended. In this system it requires you to add water. Use the phrase right if you must use it. Scam or not, perpetual motion doesn't apply.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals