• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Husky tools?

InsaneRedRooster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My tools don't see heavy use, really just a few times a month. I use kobalt and have never broken anything. My dad and gdad always use craftsman and apart from rachets breaking every few years they're good to go. The only broken socket I've ever seen was a 6-point task force and it split down the side, I wouldn't recommend them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Is it the Companion brand BirdDog?

Sent while I should be doing something else

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Harbor Freight

Craftsman

The Craftsman shown are actually their Ratcheting Style, but the regular wrenches are exactly the same. Same warranty too.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I just bought a set of kobalt extreme access....... gonna try those. I got 12 years out of the altrade (autozone house brand before duralast) cheap tool set and 8 years out of my duralast flex ratchet and other assorted tools I need one at a time.

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a set of the Exteme acces from Kobalt. Do not lose the ratchet. You can not buy the ratchet by itself. I have to work at different locations all day and travel all over Ga. Left it at my last stop one day and didn't notice till the next day. 100 miles from the house. Got a fullset of sockets I can't use. Badass set though

94xlt4.0

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i noticed the same thing as birddog with the hf/craftsman stuff. i actually saw the universal wrenches at hf for a while before i saw the craftsman stuff being sold. same thing with the "pass-through sockets". i ought a hf set for $12.99 about a year ago for fathers day and about a month ago i saw craftsman advertise a set. now to avoid a complete thread jack i think husky tools are more than fine for the home mechanic. for someone who pays their bills as a mech i prefer at least craftsman or better.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My tools don't see heavy use, really just a few times a month. I use kobalt and have never broken anything. My dad and gdad always use craftsman and apart from rachets breaking every few years they're good to go. The only broken socket I've ever seen was a 6-point task force and it split down the side, I wouldn't recommend them.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Really depends on what you are doing... I have a 15/16" Craftsman socket split in half on the shop counter waiting for someone to make a trip up to Omaha and get replaced. It was a customers socket that busted on a service call after the service truck's 15/16" Blackhawk split down one side.

They all break eventually, if you spend much money make sure they have a lifetime warrenty and are easy to trade in if there is a problem.

Just to see how they were I did the bulk of my V8 swap with a $15 set of HF combination wrenches, never had one slip or break... I was very impressed for the money. Of course if they break they are worth $180/ton and there is no trade in for a new one...

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
The Pissburgh.... I mean Pittsburgh hand tools all have a lifetime warranty now.

Sent while I should be doing something else

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals