• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hunter Nation

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

I just found this hunter’s rights organization. They’re nation wide and are heavy weight lawyers fighting for us. They’re the ones who sued Wisconsin to get the wolf hunt reinstated. If you’re a hunter or are into fishing, they’re fighting for us! You need to help support them if you can!

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 7FA902352B4C01: April 5th, 2021

Uncle Gump

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
I see the wolf has been delisted in Michigan and the MDNR is suppose to have a wolf season too. I don't think they have moved on it though.

When I get moved back there I hope to get involved in some local organizations... The old MTA (Michigan Trappers Association) and MBH (Michigan Bow Hunters) to name a couple. I've been hesitant to send dollars to some of the National organizations because they seem to spend their dollars on things I don't or won't use/do. It's nice to see this one pushing for a wolf hunt in Wisconsin and I'm sure the Michigan hunt is on their radar.

I also just got a shiny new Beagle pup and I don't want my rights to run my dog be effected by some animal rights groups I know hound hunters have been under attack in recent years

We do need to band together... there is far to much opposition to what we love and what I consider our right to enjoy.

Rowdy Fitzgerald

Hog hunter
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You’re absolutely right! I’m a houndsman my self. We just defeated the annual attempt by the California based Bear Defense League aka animal rights activists, here in Nevada. They try every year to stop hound hunting in any aspect and to close down the bear hunt in its entirety. It is because of these pro hunting organizations that we have any hunting or fishing opportunities left nation wide. We need to all band together, whether you’re thinking about learning to hunt or fish, or you’re life revolves around it!

Uncle Gump

Forum Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead, Follow or get out of my way
They tried that in Michigan too... but it's been a few years since I followed any of it. I'm sure it's still an every day battle.

As for the wolf... they have pretty much devastated the deer heard in the UP. The UP survives on sportsman dollars... if there is no deer herd... no sportsman dollars.