• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How's my set up?

off_road_junkie21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 lt V6
Transmission
Manual
Ok my main question is how do u guys like this set up. The reason i am doing it this way is the truck is a dd and my weekend worrer (mudding no rock crawling). i allso use it to hall shit all the time. Here are the links to the stuff i will be using.

first up is the 2inche coil spacer. will i be able to keep alliment on my truck?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-RANGER-BRONCO-II-4WD-2-LEVELING-LIFT-KIT-FB2A-/120643971979?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c16f0eb8b

The spring leaf kit i will be using comes with eveything u need to replace them. i will be swaping out the springs that come in this kit for the 1750 springs. the price will be 564.00 after shipping.
http://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/products/Ford_RANGER_Leaf_Spring_Assembly_Kit_Complete_INCLUDES_10_ROUND_U_BOLTS_fits_2_1_2_Wide_Leaf_Spring_SHIPPING_COST_FOR_SPRINGS_ONLY-1710-162.html

my last queston is will my truck set level? My front coils are sagging just a little and my rear leafs are shot my drivers side leaf is messing half of the second leaf. I just got done putting 250.00 in my front end and new fel pro vavule cover geakests and belts. needless to say iam finnaly fixing some long time problems. fell free to ask questons. once i get the suspension fix i will be getting new black steel crager wheels and tires. 30/9.50/15s bfg all terrains.

Last edited:

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Will it align with the coil spacers? Maybe. Might need alignment cams, but either way, it SHOULD be aligned after they're installed. Will it be level with coil spacers and new leaves? Assuming they are replacement parts which it seems they are then yes. Those leaves are kinda pricey, i would recommend getting leaves from an explorer or another ranger if yours are worn out.

freerider6_9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
To be totally honest i would save your money, unless your springs are completly sshot, you dont need them, if its jsut the bushings that need replaced just do bushings, if you need a hanger just do the one, you are doing WAY more work than nessesary. thats alot of rivits to grind off.

The truck would be alignable, cant say whether it will sit level or not, but probably would.

You could get the same results by using jy expo springs all around. or just the leveling kit and a 2 inch block if needed.

By the time you buy the springs and spacers, you could buy a cheapo rough country lift kit which sounds like would be fine what you are planning for it. or even watching local clasifieds can score a lift kit for CHEAP. for instance i bought a 5" superlift this summer for 75 bucks, bought it just because.

Just my 0.02 on the subject and to give a couple options. Hope I helped

off_road_junkie21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 lt V6
Transmission
Manual
chirsr1s I would but i want to replace the brackets that are rivted to the fram to. i have rust growing between the bracket and the fram.

Last edited:

off_road_junkie21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 lt V6
Transmission
Manual
freerider6_9 well i allready have a 3inch body lift. i figured with the new parts it would be like a lift kit. the guy told me the 1750 springs will raise the back up about an 1 to 2 inchs. thats why i was worried about it being level. plus i want to slowy restore the truck. with some minor changes.

Last edited:

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
when you have it all off the frame, i'd recommend coating everything with POR-15 or something similar to prevent further rust problems. in areas exposed to sun light, you'll have to paint over the POR-15 to prevent it from degrading. that stuff works way better than any paint, but it is not cheap. frame rust/rot is never a good thing so hopefully you'll be able to get it stopped. good luck with your build.

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
chirsr1s I would but i want to replace the brackets that are rivted to the fram to. i have rust growing between the bracket and the fram.
Understood man. If you need to replace them all then that does make sense. And yeah id agree to the coating the bed with POR or something similar to help in the battle with rust. Have Fun drilling rivets out! Be sure to remove the bed as well, will make the task much easier

off_road_junkie21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 lt V6
Transmission
Manual
my dads got a tourch so it will be easy. the only ones i have to grind off are the ones by the gas tank. dont feel like being crispy lol were can i get that por stuff?

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you can check online, Summit, etc., but most of the auto stores that carry real auto paint (the paint that comes in quarts and gallons) should have it. good luck!

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have coil spacers and flat leafes out back and mine is still a little raked out, Im going to talk to my alignment to see if I can stack some washers and get it a little more level and still align it.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have coil spacers and flat leafes out back and mine is still a little raked out, Im going to talk to my alignment to see if I can stack some washers and get it a little more level and still align it.
when i have mine aligned ( on my third set up of springs/spacers...) i have my guy set just a little positive camber so when the springs settle ( which they will ) it will set straight....

l8r, John

off_road_junkie21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 lt V6
Transmission
Manual
yea i was going to do the same thing with my aligement to. i will cheack summit for that stuff. keep the comments coming. i dont want a lift just yet but i think this will give a little lift witch will be fine. just dont want it to be raked i hate that!! lol i talked to the guy to day and he said that with the 1750 springs it will raise my ass end up about a 1 to 2 inches. thats why i was worried about it setting levl. but with the 2 inch coil spacers it should be fine?

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what i'm hearing is you want to put on these rear leaf springs what options are there for the front.Just as another idea I had a 2" body lift and spring spacers for 2"but wanted more travel in the front.At the same time I didn't want to be any higher or take out my body lift because it allowed a flush mount winch higher exhaust etc.So what worked good for me was I took off the spring buckets and extended them by 1.5" got 4" lift springs and shocks for it.11/2 is all you can get on the drivers side because of the steering box.Another hard lesson for me is get shocks one size bigger than your lift shocks are mt limitation.

Like your avatar by the way.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i know it was mentioned before...but if ya wanna save some $$$...get some springs from a 4 door Explorer from the JY ( is pretty easy to find some low mileage ones )....

the Ex has some more leaves than the Ranger for the extra doors, glass, and tailgate....so in a Ranger are great for haulin' stuff ( i know i do )....as well as give you about 1-2" of lift....

the brackets can be had off Ebay or wherever cheap enough to replaced the rusted up ones....

good luck....

l8r, John

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals