• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hows everyones "quarantine" going?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I can tell you first hand that there is a mix of reasons why people aren't showing up for work. I have four people in my store that won't work during this. One is just plain fear... one is just lazy and figures they could play the fear card and they assume they will get money from the relief check they expect to get... and the last two are a brother and sister that still live with their parents. Their father is high risk and the parents won't let them work. I have to be sympathetic to all... and I am. Not so much the lazy one... but their day will come... she was already on the chopping block for performance issues. The other three are welcome to come back to work when they feel comfortable.
We have a couple like that at work too who have high risk family members and have to stay home, but several are just plain lazy and don't want to work. A friend of mine worked for a hearing impaired call center and had to quit his job because he lives with very high risk kids with no immune system and couldn't take the risk of bringing the virus home as it would most certainly kill the 2 kids if they got it.

Our lobby at work is closed, drive-thru only, so being maintenance it leaves me extra time to work on other areas of the store that usually get put on the back burner. So there are some positive things but dang its a struggle some days not knowing if i'm going to have enough hours to pay the bills. I fear its only going to get worse before it gets better.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I remember when the tide pod thing was going on i bought some at the ol dollar general (we use them).

Sat them on the register and with a straight face looked at the lady and was like "these make such conveinant snack"

The look was priceless.
Oh that would be hilarious. I keep asking them at work if they'd like one as I am setting up the sanitized towel buckets, I guess they're getting used to it now they don't give me dead squirrel in the headlights looks anymore LOL

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
dang its a struggle some days not knowing if i'm going to have enough hours to pay the bills. I fear its only going to get worse before it gets better.
So very much this.

We finally got some clarification from the state on what "reduced hours" means. If I go in, I'm there, and there is no work to do so I don't turn hours, it doesn't count. If I am told not to come in, or to go home, it counts. The county I live in and the county I work in were both put on lock-down ahead of the whole state earlier this week. After that the phone stopped ringing.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Oh that would be hilarious. I keep asking them at work if they'd like one as I am setting up the sanitized towel buckets, I guess they're getting used to it now they don't give me dead squirrel in the headlights looks anymore LOL
I once handed an 18 Y/O that I worked with a bag of Tide Pods and said "Dude, I brought you lunch". No kidding, he chucked his salad in the trash.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
So very much this.

We finally got some clarification from the state on what "reduced hours" means. If I go in, I'm there, and there is no work to do so I don't turn hours, it doesn't count. If I am told not to come in, or to go home, it counts. The county I live in and the county I work in were both put on lock-down ahead of the whole state earlier this week. After that the phone stopped ringing.
Sadly we haven't really slowed to a crawl, just with only 1/2 the store operational we only need 1/2 the crew LOL. Luckily I am maintenance most of the time, only 1-2 days a week do I do any cooking, most times I end up working on other stuff around the store, and jump in and help in the grill area when they get overwhelmed...lucky for me I can work at any position in the store so I have a job regardless I just hate dealing with customers so I try and stay out of those areas as much as possible LOL. If only we could tell customers how dumb they are, because there are a lot of them here where I work it seems HAHA!!!

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
I once handed an 18 Y/O that I worked with a bag of Tide Pods and said "Dude, I brought you lunch". No kidding, he chucked his salad in the trash.
Sadly this does not surprise me, kids today I swear have no common sense at all, I swear if you could test for it, the results would come back with a negative number. A few are pretty good, but the majority of them just have nothing upstairs maybe a couple of ping pong balls bouncing around but that's about it.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
We have one lazy sack of sh!t on our shift that is always looking for a way to not work. He came in with a letter from his mother’s doctor stating her immune system is compromised and she needs to be isolated.
He was told “ok, you don’t live with her, that’s self isolation and you have to use your own time.” 2 days later he came in with the same letter for his father in law because he lives with him. He was told “ok, that’s self isolation because no one in your house has covid19 or has had direct contact with a confirmed case.”
He hasn’t been in to work in 2 weeks, but he called today to say he has a new doctors note. Let’s see what story he’s got now to try to get paid to stay home.
It’s not like he’s not getting paid now, he just has to use his own vacation,sick, personal time. He gets 12 vacation, 3 personal, and 15 sick days per year.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
We have one lazy sack of sh!t on our shift that is always looking for a way to not work. He came in with a letter from his mother’s doctor stating her immune system is compromised and she needs to be isolated.
He was told “ok, you don’t live with her, that’s self isolation and you have to use your own time.” 2 days later he came in with the same letter for his father in law because he lives with him. He was told “ok, that’s self isolation because no one in your house has covid19 or has had direct contact with a confirmed case.”
He hasn’t been in to work in 2 weeks, but he called today to say he has a new doctors note. Let’s see what story he’s got now to try to get paid to stay home.
It’s not like he’s not getting paid now, he just has to use his own vacation,sick, personal time. He gets 12 vacation, 3 personal, and 15 sick days per year.
Damn wish I got vacation, personal, and sick days LOL...I get all the above actually, just no paycheck LOL.

We had a kid at work a few weeks back that was out sick for about 2 weeks but had a legitimate doctor's note from the hospital, said most of the 2 weeks he was bed-ridden, and finally got sick of being sick and had to go back to the doctor to get another note to let him come back to work LOL....pretty bad when he wants to work and can't....we wish we had more kids like him...he works hard when he's at work, and does extra stuff too when he has time.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
Damn wish I got vacation, personal, and sick days LOL...I get all the above actually, just no paycheck LOL.

We had a kid at work a few weeks back that was out sick for about 2 weeks but had a legitimate doctor's note from the hospital, said most of the 2 weeks he was bed-ridden, and finally got sick of being sick and had to go back to the doctor to get another note to let him come back to work LOL....pretty bad when he wants to work and can't....we wish we had more kids like him...he works hard when he's at work, and does extra stuff too when he has time.
We get a control sheet every month that states how much time you’ve accrued and/or used. They screwed mine up last month and gave me 18,000hrs of vacation. I fill out a vacation slip for the next 9 years and submitted it. It’s still pending approval.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
We get a control sheet every month that states how much time you’ve accrued and/or used. They screwed mine up last month and gave me 18,000hrs of vacation. I fill out a vacation slip for the next 9 years and submitted it. It’s still pending approval.
Oh that's funny, let us know if your vacation gets approved, that would be extremely funny, wonder how long you'd have to be gone before they realize there's a mistake somewhere LOL.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Sadly this does not surprise me, kids today I swear have no common sense at all, I swear if you could test for it, the results would come back with a negative number. A few are pretty good, but the majority of them just have nothing upstairs maybe a couple of ping pong balls bouncing around but that's about it.
???

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I told the wife after this mornings dump...

I have two days before I start using the bathroom curtains... she is out trying to find some toilet paper right now.
It's still bad where you live? Here every store I've been in is rationing it to one pack per customer. Back about a month ago, when I saw the writing on the wall regarding tp, I started buying one pack whenever I was in a store that has it. I mean, even Ace Hardware has it, and I'm in there a lot buying bolts, nuts, washers, metal, etc. So in the end, last time I counted, I had 100 rolls for me and me alone. Bought it before the "shit" hit the fan, so never caused anyone else to not have any. I just never realized I had that much, It'll last me around two years at my rate of use, about one roll a week.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Oh that's funny, let us know if your vacation gets approved, that would be extremely funny, wonder how long you'd have to be gone before they realize there's a mistake somewhere LOL.
There is a lot of old farts that way too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals