• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hows everyones "quarantine" going?

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I start work at 230 -330am. As much as I dont like to admit it. I was getting just the egg on the black tray from McDonalds for breakfast like twice a week and an egg bowl with turkey sausage from wawa twice a week. Once a week it was $2 for 2 egg and cheese wraps from dunkin donuts. Surprisingly I was losing weight at a steady pace from just eating breakfast normally. Now I starve until I get home around noon to 2 since no can do walk ins its a little difficult to get a 53 foot trailer under the clearance bars at the drive through.
Even when we are completely open we don't get hardly any truck traffic. Why? Terribly designed parking lot with hardly any space to park trucks, could maybe get 1 or 2 in if the moron 4 wheeler traffic wouldn't think they needed to park right in the middle of the traffic lanes.

We actually used to get several truck drivers but that was before they built the shopping center and gas station across the street, that lot used to be vacant but whoever owned it kept it cleared very well and truck drivers used to park their trucks there and walk across the street. Its so sad so many places never take into consideration some people drive vehicles just a bit larger than a Prius LOL.

We have curbside orders but hardly anyone uses that here, and I really wish they'd re-think their business model to incorporate those who drive semi-trucks...hell there's no reason they couldn't have designed the drive-thru so you could drive a semi-truck through it and be able to order. There's nothing on the exterior of the building that would prevent it other than the stupid height restriction sign at the entrance and the stupid pay here, pickup here signs they don't need....the only issue with our drive-thru for example, the tight corner right after the order speaker to the 1st window, course with some better people doing the design and layout it could easily be corrected, but what do I know I just work there I don't push a pencil for a job.

I feel truck drivers get screwed out of a lot of eating places due to lack of parking and accommodations for them. As greedy as McDonalds is you'd think they'd have some massive structure setup to bring all the truck drivers in too but they don't. I live about 45 miles from the Boise Stage Stop...even with our stay at home order, they're still taking orders and bringing them out to truck drivers. They also serve Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners to all truck drivers free of charge, they are awesome.

I know if a truck driver came through the store I work at, I'd go out and take their order and bring them their food, not sure why the hell that would be such a problem, they take orders out to the curbside people who order on the app, not sure why the hell they can't do that for a truck driver.

Thanks for what you do, I for one appreciate the truck drivers and their families, course I've grown up around truck drivers, several of my family members are or were truck drivers. Have a great safe day wherever your job sends you.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
My favorite restaurant with a bar is only open from 4 pm to 8 pm. And they tell me the amount of business they get in that four hours isn't worth being open at all.
Is that their normal hours or is this due to the Corona Virus stuff? Being only open 4 hours is just about pointless I'd think given the prep time for food and such.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
with my luck, it's probably just an ancient water tank or something. I dug a part of it out last year and it is a cement pad with a brick hole going down that opens up to some kind of chamber. whole things filled with dirt so its very hard to remove it. I did, however, use a metal detector to find the edges of whatever it is and it's about 20 or so feet long and 10 or so feet wide.
I’m guessing septic tank...

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
But only after it's been well aged in a differential.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
with my luck, it's probably just an ancient water tank or something. I dug a part of it out last year and it is a cement pad with a brick hole going down that opens up to some kind of chamber. whole things filled with dirt so its very hard to remove it. I did, however, use a metal detector to find the edges of whatever it is and it's about 20 or so feet long and 10 or so feet wide.
That's interesting. Sounds too big for a septic tank (fortunately!). On a house that old (Rev War / late 1700s) a root cellar was common. There's also a possibility that it's a fallout shelter built in late 1950s / early 1960s.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Shut up woman, and fix me a sammich.
Is that their normal hours or is this due to the Corona Virus stuff? Being only open 4 hours is just about pointless I'd think given the prep time for food and such.
No man, their normal hours are like from nine am to nine pm except Friday and Saturday where they stay open til 11 pm or when everyone is outta there. They will stay open til 2 am if there are customers at the bar. But now they are just doing takeout of a small portion of their normal menu. And yes, they said the amount of business really doesn't justify them being open at all. I mean, the people that work there are minimum wage at $7.25. So they make a whopping $29 a day, plus any tips that customers might leave them. I usually tip them well, and when I order takeout from them, I tip them also. Just trying to help them out. The joint is a mile away from where I live. I typically frequent the place several times a week. So this sucks, for them and myself and all other customers who are regulars there. A lot of regulars there. I haven't seen one of them for several weeks now.

rusty ol ranger

2.9 Mafia-Don
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's interesting. Sounds too big for a septic tank (fortunately!). On a house that old (Rev War / late 1700s) a root cellar was common. There's also a possibility that it's a fallout shelter built in late 1950s / early 1960s.

It may be a water cistern. Used to store water. My 1870's farmhouse has one.

Old septic tanks are not very big, given the option most people just ran a pipe to the nearest ditch and called it a day.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
Shut up woman, and fix me a sammich.

No man, their normal hours are like from nine am to nine pm except Friday and Saturday where they stay open til 11 pm or when everyone is outta there. They will stay open til 2 am if there are customers at the bar. But now they are just doing takeout of a small portion of their normal menu. And yes, they said the amount of business really doesn't justify them being open at all. I mean, the people that work there are minimum wage at $7.25. So they make a whopping $29 a day, plus any tips that customers might leave them. I usually tip them well, and when I order takeout from them, I tip them also. Just trying to help them out. The joint is a mile away from where I live. I typically frequent the place several times a week. So this sucks, for them and myself and all other customers who are regulars there. A lot of regulars there. I haven't seen one of them for several weeks now.
Locally owned I assume? Really sad seeing all these people losing their jobs, losing a lot of hours, etc. With the employees still working they probably can't get any unemployment help because they're still working enough to not qualify :(.

cbxer55

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Locally owned I assume? Really sad seeing all these people losing their jobs, losing a lot of hours, etc. With the employees still working they probably can't get any unemployment help because they're still working enough to not qualify :(.
Yeah, two guys, Jim and Ken own it. Not sure on the unemployment thing. They've really revised the heck out of the unemployment regs so that everyone gets around the same amount as they would if they were working. Here in Oklahoma anyways. So it's likely since they've seen a huge cut, especially in tips, they would still be able to get some unemployment so that they make around the same as if they were working full time. I certainly hope so.

I've been off since last Monday, but using 80 hours of the near 400 sick time hours I have. It was allowed without the usual doctor note for two weeks. I could get another two if I got a doctors note saying I have a condition that would make me susceptible to this stuff. I don't though. So back to work I go on Monday. I work at Tinker AFB, and last I heard, 5 cases there out of the 28,000 + people that work there. And none of them in any of the buildings I work in.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
It will be in no time.

Were not good at this.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I've been off since last Monday, but using 80 hours of the near 400 sick time hours I have. It was allowed without the usual doctor note for two weeks. I could get another two if I got a doctors note saying I have a condition that would make me susceptible to this stuff. I don't though. So back to work I go on Monday. I work at Tinker AFB, and last I heard, 5 cases there out of the 28,000 + people that work there. And none of them in any of the buildings I work in.
I should be in the same boat. 15 years at Robins AFB, but I haven't done a very good job of saving leave over the years. I burned 3 days this week, but only a bit more than two weeks total on the books right now. They approved some sort of admin leave for up to 60 days for high risk employees with proof of condition. Liberal leave approved for everyone else. Confirmed cases on this base all around the flight line, management hasn't told us anything for a week, but local news says 7 confirmed cases on base. No word on unconfirmed, but if there's 7 tested and confirmed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals