• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
In 13 years you couldn't find an hour to try and clean the inside of your vehicle?

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
no I couldn't, son. always had more important stuff to do.

ericbphoto

Overlander in development
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6"
Tire Size
35"
My credo
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
Sound like the seats I see at the junk yard. And that's where I leave them.

They sound pretty horrible. Did you try an upholstery cleaner? How about freezing the gunk like the old trick for removing chewing gum? You just might need a torch. Then just order new seats.

This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I've had similar grime start to build up on mine, particularly on the outboard seat bolster and seatback. I've always had good success using 409 cleaner and scrubbing with a nylon-bristle scrubber brush, followed with rinse water in a spray bottle and using a shop-vac to draw it out (though I also never let mine go for 13 years... maybe two years tops).

poondobber

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I took both seat covers off a few months ago to fix the back supports. It was a pain in the ass but after I got them off I threw them in the washing machine. Came out like they were brand new and I had a 20yo bbq sauce stain on the passenger seat. Clorox 2 and regular detergent, light dirt setting, extra soak, slow spin, hang them to dry.

cstarbard

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It do like it be
Woolite upholstery cleaner is a foaming spray product (non-liquid- it looks a lot like shaving cream) that is amazing for automotive upholstery. Available at your local Lowe's, probably others. I used to use it all the time back when I worked for an auto safety research company; I used to have to make cross sectional displays of cars for safety system engineering research, and these cars and interior pieces were always piece-mealed from junkyards. Some of those interior parts were DISGUSTING. One Corolla interior I had to use had a whole half gallon of milk spilled on it in the wrecking yard :shok: The woolite stuff, I kid you not, made the carpet look like new, but also smell like nothing ever happened...

Just spray it in, let it foam, scrub it with the bristle top, vacuum off or use microfiber towels. Works on cloth, vinyl, dash panels, floor mats.... Buy a lot of cans, it gets used up pretty quick. The more you use the better it works

Clorox bleach free bathroom cleaner is also pretty good (best for bad smells), but the Woolite is the best I ever found

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Woolite-12-oz-Carpet-Cleaner/50182293

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
sounds like you need a match and some kerosene. I've cleaned carpet and auto upholstery for the past ten years and if all the things you tried didn't work, then you got yourself dome funky stuff bonded to the seat fibers.
I worked for a company called Chem-Dry. They sell a product called " Lavendoria" yes it's made from Lavendar, BUt the stuff works on anything. I've used it to get dried paint out of carpet. Gum, glue, ink, I'ved used it on everything, If you don't have a Chem_Dry in you town , I'm sure the internet will help

her is a link to the website
https://www.chemdry.com/pro-products/grease-oil-remover

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals