• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to visually rape a truck, a few easy steps.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Many of you remember my truck looking like this

The rust was getting to severe to deal with, so its goign in for body work, and paint soon. The box was in very bad shape, and I managed to find a replacement 250-ish km away (random, I was averaging about 32miles/gal on the highway doing about 140km/h). I got the box, but raped the appreance at the same time, luckly its only for a short time, body and paint very soon. I can't wait, heres the pictures
Well I dropped the Canopy...

...And got a "new" box that is better physical condition, its nothign for the eyes though. The better looking side, thats ironically, the worst conditioned side.

And now the better conditioned side that looks like a kid went at 40 years of sun staining and surface rust with house paint.

Needless to say, the nibourghs arn't inpressed (concidering my area most people drive an old car as 3 years old, with no rust an body damage).

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol, it's not bad..................... it's not good either, but it will be soon

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
I think the missing center cap makes it look all the better, to tell the truth, I wouldn't mind it so much if the entire truck looked like that back passenger side, it would give a cool RatRod feel to it, perfect for the future 5L swap.

06yellowranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol, that it would, come on down to PA, I'm sure we can get it looking that way in a day or so, hahaha

NcRanger

Reaction score
haha i seen that lil rust spot? on the drivers side and i was like ahhh come on its way better then it was....then i scrolled down...and i dont believe anything that new should be rat rodded out but hey thats just me... whats your plans for paint? stock? or something a lil different?

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
The plans for the body I have right now are, to keep it mostly stock, I'm going to rollpan the rear, and I have a buddy who's making me custom LEDs for all the lights, and the headlights are going HIDs. I'm going to be looking at new rims probably after winter in probably a 16, maybe keep the 15 inch size and the same overall backspacing. If I can find a tuano cover that will be going on, and I'm going to be Rhino lining the box. Colour wise I havn't completly decided on. I'm thinking that new Mustang light blue will be involved. Either blue over black, or all blue with a centered stripe in black, or all blue with an off set stripe in black. The truch originally started out at one place, and I wanted it to end pretty much in the same place, but, I'm pretty much no where near that point now.

Next spring/summer, I'm going to be redoing all my bushings and replacing them with polyeurothane bushings. I'm also going to do a rear axel swap from an explorer with rear discs (my axel housing is bowed from a wile ago, storying involved breaking leaf spring on a road that has a higher rate of speed), and I'm wanting to drop the front down about 2 inches, and the back I dont' know if I want to keep how it is, or go lower. I'll see about it when the time comes.

Then comes the engine swap probably in 2 years time, 5L, maybe a 4.6L if I get one for a good price, what I'm doing with it is still undecided.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What was wrong with the bed that was on it? It didnt look that bad from the pics

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
most of the mount supports and around the wheel wells (mostly passenger side) were rusted out beyond repair. There was a lot of rust on the underside of the bed, this one is vertually rust free. aside from the few deep specs on the drivers side, and the surface rust on the passenger. The paint was in good shape, but the box had been repaired before, and not very weel, might I add. so it was rusting at the seams where it was welded.

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
undercoat the bottom real well and in between the innerside and outer side, it will stop the rust monsters for awhile

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
May I suggest that you strip all that old mud from the passenger bedside. For one, it's best to find out what's under it, and second, if it's gotten wet at all, that muds toast, and theres probably already rust growing under it.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Its actually not mud/filler/ect, its actually house paint. I went chipping away at it a little wile ago when I was bored, its nothing more then House paint. I'm not doing any of the body work myself, I just can't stand doing stuff like that for hours on end. I am going to be getting everything undercoated, It may not be right away, but it will definatly be before winter.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals