• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to get rid of police harrasment

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
Yes, MR police, I have my complete stock exhaust line! :thefinger:

If they lean under the truck the only thing they can see is the half of the cata coming of the frame and the complete stock exhaust line. :headbang:

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so is your high flow cat not high flow enough that you need to dump pollutants into the atmosphere while you're running from the police?

all i see here is a waste of money that does nothing but make your truck louder, disables emissions control devices (btw, big no no on this site) and very possibly decreases performance

AngryLepercon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Bahahaha

On another note.

Glad I live in a diesel emission free state and can legally remove the emission controls........ for now.

They can only get me for excessive smoke if I'm on it from a stop. I'm not ignorant like that though.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
so is your high flow cat not high flow enough that you need to dump pollutants into the atmosphere while you're running from the police?

all i see here is a waste of money that does nothing but make your truck louder, disables emissions control devices (btw, big no no on this site) and very possibly decreases performance

looks like electric cutouts to me, perfectly legal as long as you don't open them on the highway.

BroncoIIer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Freeing up flow on a turbo allows the compressor to spool much faster. you may need to tune a little. I never dynoed my car, but after swapping from the stock 2.25" with a high flow cat to a 3" straight pipe exhaust I dropped about a quarter second off my quarter mile time. On a N/A motor you need the back pressure. My dd is a srt4 2.4turbo btw.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Freeing up flow on a turbo allows the compressor to spool much faster. you may need to tune a little. I never dynoed my car, but after swapping from the stock 2.25" with a high flow cat to a 3" straight pipe exhaust I dropped about a quarter second off my quarter mile time. On a N/A motor you need the back pressure. My dd is a srt4 2.4turbo btw.
Yeah, the less restriction after the turbine, the better. I tried a spun magnaflow metallic cat on my Dakota for a few days and didn't care for the performance drop.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

beluga420

March 2013 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
RBV's on Boost
2012 Truck of The Year
2013 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3t
Transmission
Manual
3'' with e-cutout when I want to floor it and for drag... rest of 2'' line is when I drive around town.. must be better than my older 3'' inch full exhaust without cat..

weezl, I see you're still around and thinking you're the king of this forum. my goal here really isn't to make my truck louder at all.. I find it way too loud with this. but laws are obligating me to do so... maybe because of your ignorance you would run a turboed truck on it's complete stock 2'' line, but not me. we need to have stock sized exhaust line where I live..

fordnut71

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
ford
Transmission
Automatic
loved to hear a sound clip of this opened up from the cut out, im sure it sounds like heaven.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
awesome job.....

nothing like having your cake and eating it too!!

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
3'' with e-cutout when I want to floor it and for drag... rest of 2'' line is when I drive around town.. must be better than my older 3'' inch full exhaust without cat..

weezl, I see you're still around and thinking you're the king of this forum. my goal here really isn't to make my truck louder at all.. I find it way too loud with this. but laws are obligating me to do so... maybe because of your ignorance you would run a turboed truck on it's complete stock 2'' line, but not me. we need to have stock sized exhaust line where I live..

Yeah, the less restriction after the turbine, the better. I tried a spun magnaflow metallic cat on my Dakota for a few days and didn't care for the performance drop.

In my experience having too much flow can actualy be rather bad for a turbo (the seals anyways). I'm aware that the 2008 twin turbo BMW 330i needs to have a certain amount of back pressure. Electric cutouts were certainly a bad choice for that car... So MORE flow is NOT always better.

And op, I'm not a big whistle-blower, but when it comes to online forums it's usually better to keep that stuff to yourself. Many threads are shut down when posts regarding the circumvention of law arise.

Also, weezl is not king of the forum, he doesn't even have a neat coat-of-arms, BUT he is also well respected here and his opinion does hold a certain amount of weight. You chose the title of this thread recklessly and now you see that there are people (some of us law enforcement) who don't take very kindly to the idea of breaking the law. So to get all huffy because someone shoots down your idea seems pretty irresponsible considering your statements.

You're going to run the cutout whether we say anything or not. *shrug* That's all there is to it.

OH, and PS, if anyone is going to argue about the back pressure, I'll need you to show me actual research or some sort of reference, NOT hearsay. This is not a challenge, but I've tried researching it before and haven't found entirely conclusive data.

Last edited:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I don't see the problem if you only open them up at the track. And actually, assuming you do use them legally (IE only open them up at the track) I think that is actually a great way to keep the cops off your back, as opposed to running around with a fully illegal exhaust all the time.

armadillon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I don't see the problem if you only open them up at the track. And actually, assuming you do use them legally (IE only open them up at the track) I think that is actually a great way to keep the cops off your back, as opposed to running around with a fully illegal exhaust all the time.

To be fair, I actually agree completely. If he stays within the bounds of the law and his car runs far better, great for him!

PS It looks like you did a clean job on it. Nice.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals