• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How the F do you get the clip off the clutch pedal rod

Donthekawguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Someone said get the Phoenix reverse bleeder to bleed the clutch. Didn't work. Awesome. The sick fu##ers at Ford had to have been laughing when they used 3 different screw sizes for the inner fender liner. Awesome. Got the wiriing harness disconnected from the switch but now I have no idea how the clip comes off of the pedal. Of course there is no way to see it even after taking half the dash apart. I'm too old and fat to get under there to see how it comes off. Awesome. Anyone know? BTW it's a 2006. It looks like some kind of plastic cage around the pin that holds the rod. Been at it for almost 2 hours and ready to take a torch to it.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You pull. Hard.

I like to stick a large screw driver in there and twist to pop it off.

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
Yeah, if you break it the clip is available at the "HELP" shelf at auto parts stores, Ford used it forever on dang near everything... But with that said, if you pry between the link and pedal with a screwdriver and cycle the pedal a little it might come off. I don't remember what I did last time, I might have pried a little for pressure and touched the catches with a pick...

600$04Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Xlt 4wd 4.0L V6
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5
My credo
Mandates are for fascist dictators!
Someone said get the Phoenix reverse bleeder to bleed the clutch. Didn't work. Awesome. The sick fu##ers at Ford had to have been laughing when they used 3 different screw sizes for the inner fender liner. Awesome. Got the wiriing harness disconnected from the switch but now I have no idea how the clip comes off of the pedal. Of course there is no way to see it even after taking half the dash apart. I'm too old and fat to get under there to see how it comes off. Awesome. Anyone know? BTW it's a 2006. It looks like some kind of plastic cage around the pin that holds the rod. Been at it for almost 2 hours and ready to take a torch to it.
I use
I use an automotive trim removal tool. About the size of a screwdriver but has an angle for added leverage. The tip of the tool is kind of forked and fits right behind all types of plastic anchors/plugs. I used a small zip tie to secure clutch rod to pedal. Just get the ziptie started then after you place the clutch rod on the pedal just slip the looped ziptie on and give it a good tug. Hope that helps.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals