• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How much should I offer?

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
I found this guy on CL who has a b2 with a gauge cluster with a tach, he wants 50 bucks!!!!!, I think this is ridiculous, I could go to a jy and may or may not find a ranger or b2 with a tach for like 20 bucks, but its winter and I dont wanna go to a jy with a couple feet of snow...

I figure offer him 20 bucks see what he says, and offer to take it out myself

what yall think?

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
20 sounds fair. If he don't take it, let him eat the dang thing.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I've found that sometimes people parting out vehicles want a fortune for parts, like they think it's made of gold or something. Hell, when I got my choptop, the guy I got it from I had talked with now an then an when he destroyed the motor in it, he asked me if I wanted parts. When I started adding up the cost of parts and shipping, I finally asked what he wanted for the entire truck. He thought about the number I was willing to pay and said ok if I could come get it right away, which I did (that trip was borderline insane.... well, ok, totally insane).

Then because of the condition of the truck, I couldn't resist rebuilding it, but that's another story, lol.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
well the guy wouldnt budge, I walked away so no gauge cluster, I even offered to trade him a full size chevy spare, with brand new firestone steelix a/t tire, cause he had a chevy 1500 too.

Last edited:

snoopdoggie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 2.9 2.9 4.0 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I have a BII Cluster from a '90. Is there something special about what you want? PM me your email and I'll send pics.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ask the guy again in a week if you don't find another one. I found that as time goes by people realize they can't get what they thought. I talked a guy down from a trade of my truck and 500 cash for his integra to just my truck, and the day before we were going to seal the deal someone offered him an Explorer. I'm glad they did.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
well ther was nothing special besides he was local, I dont really want to ship, cause it would like 20 bucks

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
I buy those things for 5 buck a piece at my local junkyard. It's not worth your time even replying to anyone who lists such a worthless part on craigslist for 50 bucks. That's insane.

mc_muench

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
he didnt have it only craigslist fro 50, his ad jsut said parting out a 90 b2 email for parts and prices...its stupid if this guy thinks he gonna get $50 for it, and my zip is 53228, snoop does your cluster have a tach?

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals