• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how much can pwr source handle?

TeamExploder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV+SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I need to know how much power the power source can handle, because with the 95 and 96 explorer, if you want full-time 4X4 you have to rig power from the power source outlet or somewhere else, so i've done that and its working fine but also wanted to have my cb running from the same one having the cb wire spliced in there too, but before I go and chop up the wires again do you think it will be able to handle it without blowing the fuse? If you think it will do you think it'd be able to handle having a spotlight plugged in there for whenever we go spotting without blowing the fuse? The full-time 4X4 isn't engaged all the time but would like to know this info. Thanks.

Buggyman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
I would recommend that you do not steel power from your 4x4 switch... Its pretty simple to snake a wire around the boot for the steering wheel or break peddle and tie it into the battery.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals