• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How many is too many

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
I found another one. Grass has grown tall around her boys so I know she ain’t been eatin. Tied down beside the garage amongst other discarded frick and frack. Lookin lonely and forlorn. Waiting to be freed from her paddock to gallop on the dusty back roads of southern Michigan. Momma said I can’t have them all, but momma is gone now and I say , oh yes I can.
Hiding down the way on another dirt road I spied another 2 gen BII. Imma see if they might could be willin to part with her. Give her a new home with my other three.
Four is not all of them momma, just some.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
And the psychological battle begins
Collector
OR
Hoarder
:)

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I've held my RBV addiction to two since the the late 80's. There was one time I had three... but I was about to flip one for the next.

If I had the room right now... I would have another... just not in the cards right now.

Roert42

RBV's on Boost
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I currently have Three rangers, plus other vehicles. Although I am about to give one away.

As long as they all serve a different purpose I am conformable I do not have too many vehicles. One to go fast, one to go anywhere, one to do all the work, and one to soak up all the miles in my commute.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
I currently have Three rangers, plus other vehicles. Although I am about to give one away.

As long as they all serve a different purpose I am conformable I do not have too many vehicles. One to go fast, one to go anywhere, one to do all the work, and one to soak up all the miles in my commute.
I divid the chores. One summer daily driver one winter. The go anywhere rig is just too clean to get dirty. So she keeps the shop floor from getting dusty. I need number 4 for the go anywhere. But the F350 Super Duty, well that’s the goin to town rig.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Pics man, pics. I always look too. But some are just to rough and they want way to much for the effort.

tw205

Bronco II Rancher.
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6” skyjacker 2” body
Tire Size
33x12.5
Pics man, pics. I always look too. But some are just to rough and they want way to much for the effort.
I saw no activity around the place so I didn’t get any closer than my truck window. Homey don’t trespass on property or women 😂. From 50’ she looked complete. Saw no dents or missing parts. Tires all there. I’m hoping I can catch someone home in the evening or weekend. If I do I’ll bump out some pics.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
tw205,

Though it is one of my all time favorite vehicles and I certainly love having a parts vehicle; my only consideration would be a 2 door 91-94 Explorer or same year(s) Mazda Navajo. If I found a decent rig I would have to do a carbed V8 to feel my fare share of Nirvana.

For the shear economics of it, I would undertake that project over an original Bronco.

Last edited:

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I don’t think I have too many yet. I just lack time and money.

I stripped and scrapped two Bronco IIs over the years. One had been in a bad wreck and the other was a little far gone to save and didn’t have a title. Those parts live on. I fixed and sold one. The other two I still have.

Then there’s the Rangers. I still have all that I’ve owned. Well, one I’m feuding with insurance over but I intend on having it back (my 92). I have one that I stripped back to the cab, frame and all. Was gonna scrap it but a friend made some suggestions and it got put on the back burner project list.

I am currently kinda looking for another because I need a running automatic again. The 92 was supposed to be my work truck and winter beater. But now that it’s totaled I need a replacement.

Family keeps telling me I need to liquidate the fleet, but I don’t think they understand the complexity of the situation here. My Blue 00 Ranger would make a great runner when I get to fixing it, it was good on gas and fun to scoot around with. My 88 B2 is getting a resto mod and would be a fun 4 person vehicle to cruise around in. The choptop is a fun toy and was intended for off-roading. The F-150 is my workhorse and plow rig. Green 00 Ranger is my fun toy. F-350 is the heavy hauler. 89 Ranger is supposed to be the crazy off road toy. The fact that only the F-150 is currently driveable is simply a minor detail

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
In My Yard : My DD '08 Corolla, My Wife's DD '19 Santa Fe, My money pit '87 Nissan D21, My '01 Ranger Edge, the '00 EB Explorer ( v8 donor for the Ranger) a buddie's '88 square body Chevy truck that I put dually fenders on, his trailer as well, My dad's F-150 and his Daodge Caravan. The only ones that dont run are the Ranger and Explorer. ;missingteeth;

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Too many in my mind is when you have to choose between snaking between them while parking your daily driver or parking some extras in the empty lot next door...which is where I am at right now.

So basically I just need more land, that would solve my problem.

superj

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger edge
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3 liters of tire smoking power
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none
Total Drop
none
Tire Size
235s
My credo
Grew up in the 70s, 80s, and 90s
i had six e30 bmws and a euro 635csi one time. they all ran once i got them home, fuel pumps usually.

my "driveway" will hold about twenty cars if i still want to be able to drive to the garage. i can add three more cars if i want to only drive to the back door of the house

shoot, right now i have six cars in the driveway too. the ranger and the Cherokee are spare vehicles and the other four are the ones we daily drive (and daily means once a week for mine since i ride my bicycle to work)

its only to many if you have to pay insurance and fight code enforcement to keep them

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Kinda forgot to mention, I have a 97 Explorer that was supposed to be a donor but then I got to messing with it and the damn thing is rust free (a rarity here), and it was a less than ideal donor, so… thinking I want to get it fixed up at some point. Also stripped a 98 Explorer for parts that the body was pretty well shot, which became my donor.

Then there’s the 00 Ranger I want to get off my dad, throw a couple parts at it and a flatbed and run it or sell it.

My property had 4 cars on it when I bought it. Old Beetle, Geo Metro hatch, Renault hatch, and a New Yorker IIRC, which is the only one of the bunch that doesn’t look like hell. I’d be happy to see them all gone.

Mom has an 02 Explorer and a 12 Nissan suv. Dad has a 79 F-150, a 99 Ranger, his wrecked 00 Ranger and we have a 01 Ranger frame donor for the wrecked one.

Eddo Rogue

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4x4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
skyjacker front leveling kit
Tire Size
31-10.50R15
My credo
Crossed threads are tight threads.
momma always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun....but momma, that's where the fun is....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals