• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how do you think the head light and tail light covers look on this ranger?

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
have you heard about vht nightshade .its spray tint for lights .i have it on my truck and quad .its nice
where did u get the nightshade spray? it seems like it would be something to look in to as long as i dont spray it too dark.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you can get it at autozone ,advanced or pepboys.pepboys is your best bet.advanced and autozone were always out

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
you can get it at autozone ,advanced or pepboys.pepboys is your best bet.advanced and autozone were always out
thanks i will have to check that out, im pretty sure i can get away with that, since i see people with completly blacked out headlights and tail lights.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
"For Offroad use Only"

It's marked on every box. You get stopped by the cops and given a ticket don't come crying here.

Same goes for the night shade crap. All it's going to take for the guy rear ending you is to say he never saw your brake lights come on. If insurance Co looks into it and see's you have painted over the lights you will be 100% at fault.

Tail and marker lights follow a DOT regulation for visibility. anything covering that is not safe and defeats the purpose of DOT regulations.

You may be young and dumb now, but once you get older you will see the real light. Been there done that. Covers on the lights suck balls at night, even if you have super bright lights. I got a warning from the cops on the tail light covers. (Slotted kind) I had to take them off right there or they were going to give me a ticket.

Get the diamond clear corners and keep the tail lights the way they were intended. For visibility reaesons you will be doing us all a favor.

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
"For Offroad use Only"

It's marked on every box. You get stopped by the cops and given a ticket don't come crying here.

Same goes for the night shade crap. All it's going to take for the guy rear ending you is to say he never saw your brake lights come on. If insurance Co looks into it and see's you have painted over the lights you will be 100% at fault.

Tail and marker lights follow a DOT regulation for visibility. anything covering that is not safe and defeats the purpose of DOT regulations.

You may be young and dumb now, but once you get older you will see the real light. Been there done that. Covers on the lights suck balls at night, even if you have super bright lights. I got a warning from the cops on the tail light covers. (Slotted kind) I had to take them off right there or they were going to give me a ticket.

Get the diamond clear corners and keep the tail lights the way they were intended. For visibility reaesons you will be doing us all a favor.
Really? you didnt have to be a dick. if you wanna voice ur opinion thats fine, but damn, just say you dont think they're safe. You dont have to call me dumb. so, thanks for ur opinion, but screw yourself if you feel the need to have comments like that.

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I saw a car today in Nashville that was completely murdered out, mind you this is a Brand New Charger........
but they sprayed the headlights, and it looked pretty bad.

I don't know what they were thinking.
should have held off for an aftermarket version at least.

Frank

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I agree with CopyKat. You may not like the way he worded it, but he is right. If you want to mod your truck, you'd be better off finding something else to do. Maybe just buy aftermarket tail lights? I replaced my tails, and while it's hard to find ones that don't look lame as hell, at least they're legal.

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
i understand the the concern that people have and i appreciate it. I cant afford aftermarket taillights, I am however open to suggestions on how to make the lights look cool legally or otherwise just as reference. thanks.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
omfg just do the ****ing nightshades it comes off with windex and fine sandpaper .

BSU541

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0L V6 from an '02 Ranger.
Transmission
Manual
I think this is what you're looking for. It's not illegal were I live, and i've even been pulled over for speeding by a traffic cop who specializes in traffic rules and he didn't say a damn thing. You can see the light just fine at night, it actually looks cool when you have the parking lights on because it has a red glow. Go for it, I bought mine for 50 bucks on Ebay. Mine are the velcro ones and they stick just fine. They also have ones that screw in but they are harder to find and cost more money.

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
the language isn't necessary. I am looking in to all options. michigan law states that

"

MCL 257.686 requires a tail lamp to emit a red light plainly visible for at least 500 feet to the rear of the vehicle.
MCL 257.697 requires stop lamps to emit a red or amber light and be capable of being seen and distinguished from other lamps for a distance of 100 feet, including during normal daylight.
If the cover you apply prohibits the lamp from meeting these requirements then it is unlawful. "
the question asked on the michigan traffic website;Is having smoked tail light/brake covers legal in Michigan? How about the smoked ones with slashes or vents in them showing a small part of the original red lens?"

as long as the covers/alterations meet the requirements I dont care what i use, i just want it to look cool.

94bigsteele

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
like i said.for the nightshades it depens on how many times you go over it.i wanted the covers but there do dark .you want something that looks cool but is safe .yes it says "offroad use only" but on the bottle the car is BLACKED OUT .my lights look really coolat night cause its like a red glow .you can see it like a regular light from pretty far away at night.night isnt wat your really worryed about its day when the suns beaming off of everything .thats y i smoked mine. you can see it all day .looks cool.and the good part about the spray is if you like the slot covers you can just tape it off.another good thig is it comes off with sandpaper and windex.all it is is paint dude

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
I dunno why this got so heated.
kinda odd.
The only trouble with the way the law is written is that it's still up to the officers discrepincy. I'd just ask friends and family around that may have experience in MI.

Frank

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I almost plowed into an a-hole today that had blacked out tails and non-working 3rd brake light. If I had a beater I'd be tempted to trash his rear end. He'd be the one at fault. Oh well, at least he "looks cool".

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals