• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How do i make my speedo correct again?

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
I switched to a taller tire on my 97 ranger 2wd 4 banger. They were 235/60/r15 now they are 235/75/r15. SInce it is still a factory size is there a simple way that i can recalibrate the speedo so that it is right now? Do i have to buy a recalibrator, or can i go to the dealership and have it done there? If you can tell me others ways to fix my problem that would be appreciated too. Thanks in advance.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
i really dont think switching to 235/75 tires needs speedo recalibrating, they still are in the stock tire sizes check the tech lib for some more info about that tires need recalibrating.
hope it helps
rsh

thebigyellowtruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylinder
Transmission
Automatic
i really dont think switching to 235/75 tires needs speedo recalibrating, they still are in the stock tire sizes check the tech lib for some more info about that tires need recalibrating.
hope it helps
rsh
i went in the tech library and did the speed conversion and the bigger tire gives me alomst 5 mph faster than the speedo reads. If its cheap enough i will just get it corrected by the dealer because the computer bases the fuel ratio and shift timing and what it thinks the trucks speed is. When the speed is wrong, i lose fuel economy adn potential power, however miniscual it may be i would like to try to get every once of power and fuel economy out of that truck.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
oo didnt knew that :D , good then, isnt in there a way to recab??

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i dont think you can have the computer recalibrated in your 97. i believe you need to change the mechanical "ring" gear in the tranny. the tech lib should have the list of the different sizes and the colors associated with the different gears. if it is computer controlled, any shop with a diagnostic scanner should be able to fix your issue.

hope that helped some.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals