• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Homeowners Insurance!

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
So today I got to learn about homeowners insurance! I just recently bought a huge house and was given to the beginning of February to have it insured. I decided to go through this one company and they kept beating around the bush and saying that they could get me an unoccupied policy for 6 months at $400 since i'm in the middle of remodeling. Well the lady calls me and tells me that she ran the quote and because of the square footage it's too big and would cost me $1200 for 6 months. Well I paid 30,000 for the place and the previous owner had an assessment done before he started remodeling it so the value on paper is actually only 30,000. But because the place is 4,086 sq ft they were going crazy! I spent all day today trying to get quotes and every company seems to be picky about one single thing and nothing else. One place was going nuts about the age of the place because the county never kept records of it. Another place refused to cover me because I have a coal furnace even though I told the guy that I have an oil furnace ready to go in if need be. It figures that in the end I find an insurance agent two blocks up the street from the house that covered the place for 100,000 with a one year policy for only $379. I never would have thought that finding homeowners insurance would be so hard.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
How did you get a 4000 sq ft house for 30,000?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
My policy is $349 a year.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
just imagine you could turn half that into a shop, and still have a good size house!

rboyer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.hoe
Transmission
Manual
How did you get a 4000 sq ft house for 30,000?
It was a bank foreclosure that rolled through an investment company and into my hands. From what i've gathered from the neighbors and county assessment office the previous owner got a little loan-happy and then went into some hard times and lost the house for an insane small amount of money. For all I know the investment company could have only paid like 5000 plus a year of back taxes to buy the place and the rest was profit to them. When I found out the price I jumped on it without even taking a really thorough look at the place, it was kind of funny because I was discovering rooms, closets, and even another bathroom that I didn't know about.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals